OT? - Happy "Dads' Day!"

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT? - Happy "Dads' Day!"
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:31 am:

Just sharing a thought while embarking on observing this day: Almost every man carries the trait/ability to be a father. Though they may often be the same person, it takes an effort and awareness to also be a "Dad", and it isn't always biological. Congrats to those who have added "Dad" to their resume. Enjoy YOUR day!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Happy Fathers Day !

To all those Dad's out there - do something fun for yourself today .... :-)

If you happen to have kids that don't appreciate you - that's ok - they would not be able to if you weren't around ..... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:51 am:

Jim has a great point. I am blessed with two great, grown kids that both have families of their own. They seem to appreciate their old dad. I think part of being a good dad is knowing when the time comes to let them go to live their own lives. We can't control the decisions they make as adults, but we hope the influence we have had on them in their lives and the guidance we have provided will lead them in the right direction. If they choose otherwise, well, they wouldn't have that choice if it weren't for Dad. Happy Fathers' Day to all the Dads here!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 04:03 am:

Marv, that is so true. Our daughter that we just recently lost was actually my step daughter. She came into my life when she was about a year and a half old. I told my soon to be wife that if she didn't accept me as her Dad, we wouldn't get married. I've seen too many kids that were mistreated by or hated their step parents, and I was not going to do that. When she climbed up into my lap while I was watching the evening news on TV and went to sleep, I knew she was a "keeper". That was 36 years ago and I have always been her Dad, and have always been proud of our relationship. Her passing has left a hole in my heart that will never be filled. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

My son drove from Washington DC to NH to spend some time with me on Father's day weekend.

He brought 20 pounds of fish that he caught in Texas. We broiled some of them for dinner and smoked the remainder.

We went to the Sig Sauer Proshop for a bit of window shopping and Star Speedway in Epping on Saturday night to see the New England Midgets run.

It was great spending time with him and learning about his job at NASA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:09 am:

Marv: "and it isn't always biological."
Dave: "was actually my step daughter."
Thank you gentlemen for that. That makes me smile.
After 30 some years it don't make a hill of beans does it?
NOT trying to detract from any others...
:-) My son, who hasn't wished me a Happy Father's Day quite yet is just being a dick. I forget his birthday sometimes... Retaliation... :-)
He's not really mine but he's all mine. :-) He's just as much, if not worse of an arrogant asshole than myself. :-)
Dave, the loss might drive me down a hole. You're a bigger Dad than myself. My son and I are all we have.
I don't know how to articulate this.
Thank you.
D

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration