Can you identify the model t valve

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Can you identify the model t valve
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

valve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

The one in your left hand
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

You must be building a hell of a speedster, Arnold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

I found this valve to my amazement in a box of junk that I bought at a recent auction. I paid $5 for the box but I wonder if anybody can identify this huge valve. I can take measurements if anyone thinks that would help. Model T'ers seem to know a lot about everything. I'm hoping that maybe it has some value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

Cool big valve, but is it a two piece? Looks odd at 2/3 of the shaft - a little thicker there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:46 pm:

It's one piece. I am going out to take some measurements and pictures now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Those look like the valves we used to have on the GM 248 16 cylinder engines I used to work on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

one image

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Arnold on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

hand

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Kinda looks like a couple I have pulled out of a Gray Marine Diesel but the two grooves near the head are different.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Way too big and too nice to be valves for hundred year old prairie tractors.
Jimmeny, that's a valve!
Wish I had the engine that valve belongs to in my yard.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration