Bendix not engaging. Starter spinning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bendix not engaging. Starter spinning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Houben on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Need some help in diagnosing the issue with my Benfix. Star suddenly did not engaging anymore. Starter is still spinning. Added some pictures after opening the cover. Seems the bendix Gear did not return.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brad Marble on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

I assume you checked to see if the Bendix spring is broken. Brad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

If the starter shaft key is sheared or missing, the starter will spin with no Bendix engagement.

Don't ask me how I know... :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration