OT - Homer Edmiston Memorial Trophy, Lincoln NE.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Homer Edmiston Memorial Trophy, Lincoln NE.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 07:19 pm:

Today I took our 1907 Ford K to the St. Mark's annual Father's Day car show. We used to go every year, however life interfered the last couple of years. Each year our main competition for early brass era cars was Homer Edmiston. Homer became a friend and mentor. Many on this forum will remember Homer from Chickasha or other events. He passed a few years ago and the organizers started the Homer Edmiston Memorial Trophy. We won it this year providing a bittersweet moment. Homer was a fellow many in the old car hobby knew and loved. (although few beat him on a parts trade...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Congratulations! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Most excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Rob, Congratulations!!!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

You both look good!Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:19 am:

That's awesome Rob. You deserved this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Nice Rob, Homer was one of a kind!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 01:48 am:

Homer provided me the history of our 1910 2 cylinder REO that I bought un-restored in 1973 from Don Cleveland in O'Neal Nebraska. Homer once owned a lot of 1 & 2 cylinder REO parts along with everything else. We sold him a Brush transmission years ago.

Homer and Don Cleveland and I were on an HCCA tour together in Colorado some years ago where they were able to finally see our REO (Now Restored) once again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dryden on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:07 am:

Congratulations Rob on the award, The car looks fantastic, and I'm sure that Homer would be proud of you being given this award.
Homer was a great guy and is greatly missed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 09:54 am:

Congratulations, Rob. Btw, you've that old hotrod Ford looking mighty spiffy. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:01 am:

I do not know Homer well, but did speak with him several times at Chickasha. I never knew him to complete a full sentence before beginning the next one. Such was his zeal and enthusiasm for the antique car hobby. These are the folks that make the hobby fun. They are in ever shortening supply. Miss them all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Nice !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Rob, Looking GREAT!! Save those pics, remember, we've got a book to do someday!!
:-)
David D.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration