Grandpa's 90'th Birthday

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Grandpa's 90'th Birthday
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

I thought you all might enjoy some pictures from my Grandpa's 90th birthday party. He loves his T's and I sure feel blessed that he has shared that love with me. It only seamed right to get his 27 coupe out for rides.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

So is your grandpa as old as the 27 or is the 27 as old as your grandpa? Just be sure you get him to tell you all of his stories!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

I'm jealous! He has more hair at 90 than I do at 61! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

He has more hair thank I do too and I am 36.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 03:50 pm:

Tell him happy birthday. I too started thinning out in my 30's so I can sympathize. Looks like a nice collection of cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:44 pm:

He certainly doesn't appear to be 90!

Happy Birthday, Grandpa!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Happy Birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

I'm with Mike on this. He must have his birth year wrong by at least 20 years! Happy birthday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

I have hair but not so sure I will be around that many years. He looks like he is early sixties. What a nice looking T!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

Yes Gramps has aged well. He has allot of good stories one of my favorites is when they loaded up a coupe (I think it was a model A) with 8 couples to go to the dance in town. Not sure if it was the same trip or not but he tells of a time when they went to the dance and there was one fiddle player there and all he knew how to play was pop goes the weasel, he played it fast, and slow, and everything in between and they danced all night and had a good old time. He still goes out to the shop every day and works on cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:23 am:

Your Grandad sounds like a pretty neat guy! I would've guessed maybe 70 years of age too. All that clean livin' I 'spose. :-)
And a good hand of cards dealt him with his genetics.
Happy Birthday Victor!
I was gonna smart off about that beautiful 21-32 Twin City tractor and how it was built in Minneapolis and all...
Shoot, I look and find you folks are just over to the East of me by an hour or so. I have a 1928 17-28 Twin City. Dormant for 17 years.
Hey! Wait! You guys bringing the Twin City to Albany? It's Minneapolis Moline, Minneapolis Steel & Machinery and Minneapolis Threshing Machine Co and Economy engines year at the Pioneer show this year...
I'd love to see you folks there. Second weekend after Labor Day. Model T's are always welcome at the show!
A model T, bikes and old tractors would also be VERY welcome this Saturday in Eden Valley at the car show too!
This goes for anyone else in our area reading this...
Other than my Crappy-Lizzhe, there has been just one other model T Ford at our car show over the years.
Sorry for my rant and the highjack Matt. That time of the year. :-)
Thanks for posting!
Duane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:08 am:

That Twin City has been to Albany in the past, not sure if it will make it this year but we will try. That tractor and the red touring next to it have a long history in our family. Forest City Threshers is also featuring MM so we might dig it out for a couple shows this year. I live south of Kimball and gramps is near Clearwater. I will not be able to make it to Eden Valley this year, that show always falls on a weekend that we have other stuff going on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:09 am:

Here is one more pic of his 27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

That's a nice shot of a nice car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

That's a GREAT headlight level picture! Wish more would take the time to set up before just snapping a photo. Composition and framing is important for a long lasting good picture.

And your grandfather looks great at 90 too. :-) I hope to be around as long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Matt,

Thanks for sharing! Your Grandpa looks great! And it looks like he is still having fun!

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration