Horra!! my generator works

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Horra!! my generator works
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

A few days ago I asked about field windings resistance on my non working rebuilt generator. Started checking every thing again and seen smoke coming from the armature windings while on the growler. Found a hot wire to one comutator segment. Lifted this and saw a bare wire under it. Insulated it with glass tape. Next I put all the smoke back and coated it with insulating varnish. Installed it and it works perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

That's good to hear. But just for future reference, replacement smoke is available From Lucas.

smoke

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

As long as you got all the smoke back in, things should be fine! Congrats on finding it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Thats great Jim. Next time we can take that pickup out for a run. I will be sure to put smoke on my list when ordering parts. You talked me into rebuilding my generator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

Lucas smoke ... funny. Should be on the shelf there right beside Lucas replacement light !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Last time I had my engine running the ammeter showed no charge. I have since checked and found
that the wire to the cutout is not "hot". I will check the wiring and hope for the best.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration