1927 Rear Top Bow Snaps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1927 Rear Top Bow Snaps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

I may have posted this some time ago, but I am still looking for the correct sockets for the top and side curtain snaps that attach to the rear bow on my 1927 Canadian Touring. The sockets are similar to the flush ones that are in the doors and body for the side curtain. However these one have an extended neck and are not flush. An eyelet on the curtain goes over this neck and then the male fasteners on the top snap into the sockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:20 am:

If the Canadian curtain snaps are like the U.S. snaps, they used an Anzo snap. I don't believe they have been made since WWII, but I've had luck finding them at swap meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

I've tried to find them at Hershey but no luck so far. I saw an old thread on here that referred to the SNAP-R sold by Lang's and others but it is the flush socket. Larry, do you have a picture of the ones you have found?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:42 am:

http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/new_united_carr_snaps.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

I'll attempt to post some photos of the Anzo snaps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wilson, Saint John NB, Canada on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Thanks Larry. Looks quite different from mine. I'll just keep looking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Dave:

I have looked for the extended neck fasteners for many years and have not been successful. The only ones I have seen were installed in original 1926/1927 roadster and touring rear bows.

I have seen some people use the extended lift the dot type fastener as a way to sandwich the rear side curtain to the rear bow, but I do not believe that to be correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration