Connecting rod boring jig

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Connecting rod boring jig
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Does anyone have a link to pictures or video of the Connecting rod boring jig (Lang's part #3024BJ) in use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Curt Brainard on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Here is a photo of one I made that is probably similar to the one sold by Lang's. I simply bolt it to the bed and use a boring head to size the rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Murphy on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 08:21 pm:

Thanks! So it appears to simply be for setting up on the mill to bore the Babbitt a set distance from the piston pin center. That's what I assumed but I wasn't positive that there wasn't some other tool that was used with this to bore the Babbitt by hand (without a mill), like the main crank bearings. Much appreciated.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration