Petitt Jean swap meet in Arkansas ..... a few pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Petitt Jean swap meet in Arkansas ..... a few pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

I went to the Petitt Jean swap meet near Morrilton Arkansas last week, and ending Fathers day weekend on Saturday. It used to be a great swap meet but is slowly changing. I was the only model T parts vendor. I did not take much this year as the customer base is not there anymore. But the weather was great with one short rain spell on either Thursday or Friday (I do not remember the day for sure) We had a few Arkansas Tin Lizzie club members drive their cars to the meet. I hauled mine down as I did not have the time to drive it and the extra trailer floor space made room for more stuff to sell. There was a total of 7 model Ts at the show/swap meet. Only two Ts were entered in the show. Other than what I brought to the swap meet, and one t frame, you could have put every other T parts for sale into a wheel barrow. I did buy a possibly useable high radiator, a good 17-25 rear fender, and a very nice salesman sample for accessory T pedal pads. Those three parts are half of the wheelbarrow load mentioned above.

The Tin Lizzie group

The two Ts in the car show

My 27 Sport Touring and a new sign I found at the swap meet. I think the colors match real well :-) :-)

The total T parts I took to the meet.

This is the salesman sample. I at first thought it was something home made. But it is a special casting and not just a "cut off" pedal. The pyramid design makes me think of the influence of the "King Tut" tomb discovery made during the 20s era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Thanks for the pics, Donnie. We drove our T's from Fayetteville to Petit Jean (about 160 miles) on Wednesday and back on Sunday. The custodians of the cars in your first pic are (left to right) Charlie Eikenberry, Paul Mikeska, myself, and J.D. Foster. All are AR Tin Lizzie club members. I don't know who has the two in the show.

Three people seriously wanted to buy JD's pickup. One woman was heartbroken when he told her it wasn't for sale. I told her I'd sell her mine, but she didn't want it because it's "too shiny." :-) JD's has its original paint, upholstery, and top. The wooden pickup bed is an aftermarket item from the 20's.

That's a nifty salesman's sample of the pedal pads. You always find the "good stuff." But then, you work at it more than most of us. :-)

(Message edited by coupelet on June 20, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 09:15 am:

Thanks guys. I need the "Fresh Oil"'sign to put anywhere I park the K.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Mike, Thanks for putting names with the cars. I usually do not try to add names as I always mess it up. Everyone knows how I feel about "patina". There is your proof that while "shiny is OK". "patina is popular" :-) :-) Hope ya'll had a good drive home ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allen Brintnall on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Thanks for the pictures. Beautiful place. Allen Brintnall So.W. Mo.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration