Looking for pics of windshield seal 17 roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looking for pics of windshield seal 17 roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 08:06 am:

Doing the top on my 17 roadster, using a classtique kit. I could use some pics of how the windshield seal goes. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:21 am:

I guess it is called the "weather seal"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:00 pm:

1917 Fords never had a rain flap from the factory.

However, if you want to install one, it goes on the bottom side of the bow.

In my opinion, they look better without the rain flap.

Original factory top on unrestored 1917 touring:

Here is the top my dad installed on his 1917 touring in 1950 - leatherette top material wasn't available then so he used canvas convertible top material. He used the original top as a pattern. He added a rain flap:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 04:00 pm:

Thanks once again, Erik

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration