Photo- Sheller Polo Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photo- Sheller Polo Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Here is a picture of dad's recreation of a Polo car as seen in some of Roscoe's old photos. I think the tires are exceptionally cool!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:23 am:

Those tires are wonderful !! I'll bet you can't get 'em these days. I'd put a pair on rear in a heartbeat if they are !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Are they modern dirt bike tires??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Oh ! I didn't notice the split rim. I'd need 30x3-1/2" clinchers. Do bike tires come in 21" size ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 11:53 am:

yep!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Front-Tire-Tyre-Tube-80-100-21-80-100-21-Inch -Dirt-Pit-Bike-/262989899878?hash=item3d3b6b6866:g:Td0AAOSwUKxYmZWS&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Tires are Wards Riverside Power Grip. Those would be terrifying on a motorcycle!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Green - So Cal on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Back in the day:

Model T auto polo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

I thought the Salk Vaccine had all but eradicated Polo.
Nice to see the reincarnation of the car.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Great action shot! Curious to know what the "ball" was made of.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

Good thing they are warring helmets or someone could get hurt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 01:59 pm:

That picture has been around the forum for a long time. I have several original post cards with such pictures. the T on the left has been jacked up for the photo. In a similar photo one can make out the jack image.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Want to learn more? If you search "polo" on this forum you will find 56 interesting threads and one other one (just kidding). It is a great subject with all sorts of photos.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 05:46 pm:

At first glance the pic seemed staged to my eye too. Ball is blurry but the wheel spokes are not. I think only the ball was moving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

Crazy Kanucks ! Why wouldn't the ball be the same as used with ponies ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Martin on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

In the photo,..note which foot is on what transmission pedal

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration