85 and going strong

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 85 and going strong
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:42 am:

Just to let friends and family know that I have reached that magical age of 85 years. Active at work and at home. Enjoy life and good health. I still buy green bananas and make plans for weeks, months and years ahead. I go to bed at night with plans for the next day and am grateful in the morning that I am able to carry out those plans.

I look forward each day
to those things to come.
I am happy that I am there
To welcome them.

With each passing
day or more,
I appreciate the world
about me.

I thank all those,
past and present,
That have made my life,
A wonderful experience.

Dareldarel

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:51 am:

Way to go, Darel. When I grow up (only 74 now) I want to be just like you.

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:52 am:

Happy 85th!!! That is great to hear your health and attitude is in good shape. With an outlook like that ,100 will be in your future. Hope you have a great time getting there.
Drive safe and often!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Thompson, Sudbury MA on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:52 am:

congratulations - looking good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:57 am:

Happy Birthday, Darel! Hope you have a great day...maybe even go for a drive in your T.

BTW, your desk area looks kinda like mine :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Good to hear ur doing so great at 85! Dick I don't intend to grow up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Congratulations! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 01:07 pm:

Not showing off your HAWGLEG this year ?? HAPPY HAPPY anyway Darel. And many more

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 01:11 pm:

HAPPY Birthday to you Darel !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel. You share a birthday with my kid brother Bob.

Stolat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Spainhower - Portland, Oregon on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

You've got the formula right, Darel. Congratulations! I pity those people (and I've know quite a few), who retire, then sit around bored. I've been busier in retirement than I was when I working.

My desk looks like yours, too...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 03:25 pm:

Darel: I was talking to my Cousin in Iowa the other day and she will be 88 in October. WAAAAAAAAAY back in August of 46 she and her parents were visiting us in So Central Missouri and she wrote the following as a saying-

I think, I think
I think in vain
At last I think
I'll sign my name
Your cousin.
Darel I have the card she wrote that on in Au\gust of 1946, and sshe was only 17 at the time.
Here Dad owned a Chebby 4 Door Sedan!I know this is not Model T related but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Happy Birthday and Many More in
Good health

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

Hey Darrell in fact that we are in Richmond Indiana enjoying the museum and going over to the Richmond in to celebrate the 26th anniversary of my 39th birthday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

Darel 66 here....I plan on building them cars when I'm your age!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Happy Birthday, Darel, from a young whippersnapper of only 81. Will I get to see you at the New London to New Brighton?

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

You go Big Guy!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

Happy birthday Dares
You have a great attitude on life

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

It seems like just last year you had a Birthday. :-)
I probably have mentioned too often that your name has meant wonderful things to me for 54 years.
I will look forward to hearing from you for many more.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Way to go Darel!! Hope you have many more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 07:20 am:

Happy birthday Darel! I suspect your future plans will include the Afton Minnesota Fourth of July parade this year . We will be there and of course I will save a spot in line for you and Laverna. See you then !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

I'm 72 and hope to make it close to 85 like you.

Happy B Day. Have a couple more at least!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 03:53 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel and MANY More!

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Happy Birthday!

I'm pushing 67 and with RA, OA and a bad aortic heart valve (murmur), I can only hope to make it to 85. I stopped smoking in February while battling the flu and pneumonia. No alcohol either with the RA drugs. So far, so good. I chew a lot of gum though. :-)

If I had to pay for the $2000 shot I take every other week, I'm pretty sure I'd just give up.
My mom is 91 and still getting around very well. I hope I have some of those genes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Happy Birthday Darel !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Darel. I made it to 85 in February and just completed a Speedster. I still have enough T stuff to start another one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 12:51 am:

Good on you, you old duffers ! Great to hear these stories of people
still going strong for so long. My own grandmother is 102 and still at
it. Mom lives with her now (80) and when I ask to talk to Grandma, I
am often told "She's out weeding the garden" or similar. Her elder
sister is still going strong too ! Tear 'em up, gents ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 04:04 pm:

I wish to thank every one who replied to my post and also to those who sent me an email. A good friend of mine - who owned a local playhouse theater - was active up to his death at 97. I hope to also to be active at 97, but I plan on seeing 100. I bought another Ford today, but it is only 13 years old - a 2004 Ford Taurus station wagon. A real clean one. I like those station wagons and Ford quit making them in 2005. As you know I bought my first Ford in 1946 - My 1910 - and I still have it after 71 years. I also own a 1931 Model A standard roadster and a 1931 wide bed pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration