1924 touring upholstry questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1924 touring upholstry questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

i ordered my seat kit from classtique today. mike
wanted me to ask snyders if the seat bottom springs
would be channel mount. i did ask i didnt get a clear answer snyders said he may be talking about some bead at the bottom of the fabric he said it was best to run it long and hog ring it. i have no idea
but i got to solve it all before they get my seats sown up. any ideas thanks philip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Based on this older thread, it sounds like the Snyders springs will have the channel that can be crimped to hold the bead at the bottom of the seat cover fabric.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/565338.html?1440521188

The pictures on Snyder's website aren't clear enough to tell.

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/1922-25-roadster-touring-amp-roadster-pickup-s eat-springs

If your phone supports a three-way call, it might be best to get Mike and Snyder's on the phone at the same time and discuss it until everybody is clear on the subject. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 03:06 am:

Yes, Snyder's has the channel, I bought mine for them back in 78 and they had the channel...the bead on the bottom of your cover fits into the channel and you crimp it closed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:54 am:

Phillip....are you throwing out an old interior from your 24?

If so, I'd happily take it off your hands. I'm looking for used interior material for my weathered 24 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip thompson on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:59 am:

no i too like the weathered look my car came with nothing interior wise no springs nothing i spent 2000 bucks yesterday on new top and seat kit all of the springs and all of the headlight parts. philipheres where im at now

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration