Windshield shrinkage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Windshield shrinkage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

I removed the top half of the windshield on my '21 Touring, disassembled and restored the hinges, cleaned the glass, and restored the hinges. Today I started to bolt it back on and it seems the windshield frame is too narrow or the hinge arms are too far apart. Reckon the windshield and frame shrunk when I washed it? I cant see the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 10:19 pm:

OK I tried again to reinstall the top half of my windshield without success. The top half windshield frame is not as wide as the bottom half, meaning there must be some offset in the hinges. I cannot figure how to make the hinges have the offset. The hinges were on backwards when I removed them because the windshield folded forward instead of backwards. I'm sure that no parts were interchanged between the two hinges. I'm stumped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Tommy, Please take and post some pics

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:15 am:

I was able to get the windshield top half back on early this morning. I put a bar clamp across the lower posts and attached the hinges loosely to the top frame. Then I was able to get all 4 screws in.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration