Bending e-brake handle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Bending e-brake handle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Has anyone modified their brake handle so it is further away from the clutch? I was thinking of putting a couple of bends in a donor to get it about two inches further away from the clutch. Currently, when the clutch sticks I have to pull it up with my toe. Then my foot gets stuck between the brake and the clutch and the clutch pedal nails the side of my foot. I have adjusted the band but everyonce in a while it still stick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Keep in mind that bending the brake lever can make it difficult to remove the floor board depending on the body style of your car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

A sticking clutch pedal may be owing to a weak spring between the band ears, if the low band is properly adjusted. Usually it means low band needs to be taken up a bit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

It sounds like the clevis is going over-center

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

I'll take a look at the adjuatments. Sounds like that may be the easiest thing to do.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration