OT... Hug your loved ones tightly

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT... Hug your loved ones tightly
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

My family is on vacation right now and we have been having a very good time. We ate dinner last night and went to bed early after a day of hiking. My brother and I came downstairs this morning and my dad sat us down and told us that his cousin (my 2nd uncle or cousin once removed) was training for a triathlon on his bike last night and was struck and killed by a careless driver. He was 42.

It's incredibly hard to process that in an instant, your whole world can be flipped upside down. Live every moment like it's your last and appreciate the time you have with the ones you love.

RIP Gordon Keller 1975-2017
https://patch.com/connecticut/canton-ct/canton-bicyclist-killed-collision-pickup -truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

James ,very sorry to hear that. I had an uncle killed the same way. Great advise to live every day to the fullest. You never know what the next day will bring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

May Gordon rest in piece.
James, you have it nailed down. Appreciate the time we have.
So sorry to hear about your loss.
Dallas, you are so correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 12:19 am:

When I think of the unfairness of life, it often reminds me of a sixth-grader named Eric. He was the dearest, sweetest person you could ever hope to meet. He got along with everybody, and never said a bad word about anyone. The other boys teased him about being such an innocent, but they loved him. Well, sixth grade ends and the kids move on. Three years later I was stunned to learn that Eric had died from chicken pox of all things. Yes, life is unfair, and people in our lives can be gone at any time. So go to that family reunion and enjoy being with the folks while you still can. Stop and see that elderly relative when you're passing that way. There will be a time when you can't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 03:19 am:

James K, It always saddens me to hear of such tragedy befalling a friends family. However, I also like to know what is going on in my friend's lives.
Our sincerest condolences to you, and all your family. Let us share a little of your grief.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:08 am:

James, so sorry to hear this. We know how hard this is, we just unexpectedly lost our oldest daughter a few weeks ago at the age of 36. Life can be so unfair sometimes. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:56 am:

James, and David, both way too young to be taken. God had a reason for bringing them home with Him. Prayers to both you and your families.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Sorry to hear of this. Prayers and condolences to the family

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:32 am:

It's shocking how tenuous life can be. -Sorry to hear the tragic news. -My condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:07 am:

I'm very sorry to hear about his death. Death is one thing that happens to all of us, but usually happens when we aren't expecting it. So sorry.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

yes very sad. i lost a son at age 34. cancer. as the bikes go it is going to happen here to. i live on state highway 126 in s.w. mo. the lanes are 10 ft wide and no shoulder at all. some one made this bike route!!!very hilly. the trucks run 65 mph.about 1/3 wear no yellow.the ones that do get a big thumbs up.some little old lady will run off the road to miss one an get killed. makes me mad when i see one with with no yellow. im done now . charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration