Amp meter woes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Amp meter woes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lew Morrill on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:24 am:

Recently helped a friend get his 1925 T together, and spiffed up a little. At my suggestion we bought a new "Ford Script" amp meter. It arrived with the needle seemingly disconnected - not on zero but wherever bumping the meter case left it (to include out of sight). It does not work at all on the car and the needle has disappeared to never return it appears. Enough of my tale of woe. Here is what I am interested in finding out. Is there a reasonable priced high quality amp meter that will fit the dash hole? The adapter ring is present in the dash. At this point the Ford script isn't important.

Thanks to all for any help with finding a good quality replacement for a reasonable price.

Lew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:39 am:

Yes there is, get one from John Regan at Fun Projects! I got one on my '20 and love it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Take the 26-27 meter adaptor ring out and install a true 19-25 ammeter. There is no other choice for a meter.

http://www.funprojects.com/products/5016.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:54 am:

The cheap ammeters sold by Model T parts suppliers are poorly made and notoriously inaccurate.
As Tim recommends, buy a FunProjects ammeter. It is made specifically for your Model T so you don't need the adapter ring. It has a high quality movement that is very accurate. They cost about $65 and are well worth it.
FunProjects Ammeter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Funprojects Ammeter

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration