Buffalo Carb for model T?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Buffalo Carb for model T?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Lindberg on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 09:40 am:

I recently bought a one cylinder engine for a 1909 Brush car. It has a Buffalo carb on it which I don't believe was standard equipment for the Brush. is this the style that was used on the early T's? I know they can be quite valuable. I am just trying to decide if I should separate the carb from the engine or keep them together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:38 pm:

Matt, some 1909 ford cars did use buffalo carbs. There were other cars of the same period that also used them, I think brush was one of them. Your card should fit on a T, but your carb will not accept the carb adjusting rod.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 05:53 am:

Matt L, I am not a Brush expert. But I do like them enough that I have looked at many of them, and come close to buying one a couple times. I have read about them a fair amount.
I cannot tell you which years or models, and can't even say for certain that what I read was correct. But I have read several times that some Brush cars did use a Buffalo carburetor. I would guess that carburetor may be original to that engine and would recommend keeping them together until such time that part or all of it is needed for a Brush automobile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration