East Bay California model t help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: East Bay California model t help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Stevenson on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

I was looking for someone to come by and look at the 1926 model t tudor sedan that I have just purchased. I am still learning about these cars and it would be nice to have someone who knows a lot about them to come by and look at it. This was my grandfathers car and would love to just get it to an outstanding condition. Also I am not sure what is original on the car and what has been changed hence the reason why it would be nice to have someone come by.
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Hi Russel

I'm not in the area, but something to think about is repairing it mechanically but keeping the rest of the car 'as-is' if it is in decent shape. True survivors are desirable, and a heck of a lot easier in many ways if you will drive it much... you don't have to worry about cosmetics when you work on them. I'd love to have an unrestored early car and save all the time on polishing!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Try contacting the Bay Area Ts and becoming a chapter member.

Russell you will be surprised how much fun you will have being the caretaker of your grandpas Model T

Good luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Sheller on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Nothing better than a car from Grandpa!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Archer Hayward, CA. on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Hi Russel, where exactly are you at. I'll help if you're not too far away from Hayward.

Ed aka #4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Stevenson on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

I am located in Livermore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russell Stevenson on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

And I do not see a way of contacting Bay Area T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

I'll bet the folks in Livermore are glad they don't live in Liverwurst. . . . .
Hope Ed can help you out, he's extremely knowledgeable. I'm a little too far away, about 5 hours, if the traffic's light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Russell: I sent you a PM and hopefully you read it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 02:22 am:

I'm in Hayward and would be glad to stop by your place in Livermore. I go there quite often anyway.
I will be free Sunday .
Aaron Griffey
510. 415.1219

The Santa Clara Valley Model T Ford Club is the more active club.
They re in Santa Clara/San Jose.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration