Holley ID Help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Holley ID Help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Parrott on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

I have had this Holley for some time and thought it was a Holley 4500, because it looked like one pictured in a Model T replacement parts book. After cruising the forums I found that a 4500 has a single air valve. This carburetor has five balls. Is it considered a Holley Five Ball, or a Holley 1910? I haven't been able to find clear picture to positively ID. Any help would be appreciated..

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:37 pm:

I believe that is a 1910 Holley 5 ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:43 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/Hol10.htm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

This picture was posted on the Milwaukee Model t ford club site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

1910 Holley, it's a pretty rare carb. Your is the improved version with the brass float bowl. Earlier versions had a pot metal float bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Parrott on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Ed & Kim,

Thanks for the quick response. I wasn't sure if a 1910 and Five ball were the same carburetor. Found mentions of both., but no pictures, and not much information. You guys cleared it up for me.

Thanks again,

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Jim, generally when someone refers to a carb as a 5 ball, they are referring to a 1909-11 Kingston. Generally your carb is referred to as a 1910 Holley. Yours looks like a nice one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Parrott on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Kim,

That is what I thought, but I did find a post where someone referred to a Holley 5 ball. I am thinking about selling it and want to make sure it is properly represented. It is in really good shape and will take some more pictures with the bowl removed when I get a chance.

Thanks again,
Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration