Warford Early N Late Serial #'s?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Warford Early N Late Serial #'s?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Does anyone know when they started the 26/7 Warford's or when they made the later model changes?

I'm putting together another original alum 3 speed Warford.

One I have with a badly broken case is #56897 and another is a later #72702. It looks lake everything will cross over Except the bearing adjuster nut on the Input shaft. The earlier nut is about 0.300" larger diameter... gzkerokvn!!!

Interestingly the case and the top shifter covers both have matching numbers.

Any help appreciated, I'm sourcing a couple of bearings also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Any Warford history guys here?

Maybe the guys at Layne might know..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

I currently have 2 that are apart. I'm using the best of the 2 to make on really nice one. One of mine had a hard life too. Case has multiple repairs on it. It's serial 124783. My good case is serial 101149. They both have different shifter assembly's. However i'm no expert. If you need pictures of anything let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

Oops, just read that yours is aluminum. Mine are cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 07:37 pm:

Surprised at the high #'s. I guess maybe they made more C/I ones than the alum ones.

The OUTPUT shaft OD size adjusting nut I need is 3.150"

It's the one that has the locking bolt that screws into a dog on the outer ring of the nut after the preload is set.

It's possible they might interchange, Some of the parts do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Silly question maybe and way off your topic. Sorry Gene. Ignore if need be. :-)
Where is the serial number located? I have a cast iron 3 speed (U.D.O.) in the 25 TT that I got last summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:17 am:

Duey, The ones I have are marked on the Right side very close to the top just above the letters Plant # 2. I have not seen a CI one close up. Both the housing and the shifter tower cover are marked the same numbers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:21 am:

Understood, and thanks Gene!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 02:28 am:

Warford cast iron part into alum housing?

I know the spline is just a bit different size but hoping the output bearing adjusting nut will inter change with the late alum case.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration