Lincoln NE Speedster Reunion

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lincoln NE Speedster Reunion
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 07:27 am:

Yesterday was day two of the Speedster Reunion hosted by Speedway Motors. Many forum and well known Model T people, along with several Model T racers, speedsters and cars attended. This video shows us driving briefly in Lincoln traffic after completing the daylong tour that visited several eastern Nebraska towns and included a great air acrobatic show at the Seward Airport:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6f9dr2rpi1vaotc/Video%20Jun%2022%2C%209%2021%2042%20PM.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Thank you Rob H for sharing this wonderful look into the beginning of this years Speedster Reunion!
A bunch of wonderful cars there, especially the one Ford factory built speedster!
Again, Rob, THANK YOU!
Do drive carefully, and do enjoy! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Neat pictures Rob, the drone shot looks like a bunch of Hot Wheel cars.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

If you can spot the Wild Cherry racer in the second row behind the blue Mercury body speedster you will see Hall of Famer Fast Frank Harris seated in our car. Thanks for the pics Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, June 23, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Great to hear Fast Frank made the trip there :-)
Has been a while since I saw a post from him here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:14 am:

He drove his Jaguar here from Long Beach. They let him make a run with it on the hill where he clocked 10.224 @ 39 MPH. Fast Frank is royalty here. We are honored to call him our friend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Thanks Rob great meeting you
I had a great time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:09 pm:

A few more photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:13 pm:

Cool gathering of bad old cars. I like the speedster and A models. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 - 11:45 pm:

John little confused that picture with dean Robertson. Is a picture of his coupe with different engine and its in primer is this at another show other than speedway

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Robert, He drove this car on the tour, this was our first stop. This car is fuel injected and not legal for the hill climb. It is a very fast truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach, CA on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 - 05:59 pm:

Old age is hell but it beats the dirt nap. Mary and just had to be there to see our good friend Joel Young inducted with his over 200 m.p.h. Model T Ford powered streemliner on the salt flats. We averaged 74 m.p.h. driving our new supercharged Jaguar the 1788 miles there in two and a half days. Not to shabby for an 85 year old banger driver. Oh but we had cruise control so I could take a nap on the road. Mary is not quite yet 83 and still drives her stick shift Jaguar to this day as you can see in the picture below. I taught her how to drive my stick shift hot engined 1951 Ford back in 1954. More on that story later . . . . . .

Joel Young

Jag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 02:18 am:

If there are any workshops- it would be tremendous if someone could record them and perhaps make them available to those who cannot attend them due to great distances. There are some excellent speakers and sages of wisdom that speak on topics of interest to us speedster-guys. Personally, I would be happy to pay for whatever DVD may become available on such venues. - Ed

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration