Model T Float Measurements Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T Float Measurements Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 09:45 am:

My Maxwell has float problems and it's been suggested that a Model T float might work. Does anyone have dimensions on this NH float that Lang's sells? I called them but they are currently waiting for new stock so can't give me measurements until they restock.

Howard Dennis

https://www.modeltford.com/item/6201.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Kahle on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Howard, If your search determines that a Model T carb float will not work in your Maxwell you might look into the nitrophyl material that being sold to replace sinking cork floats. I have purchased mine from Snyders and find it to be easy to machine and have had no problems with it. I recently made several floats for my Wallis tractors which were odd sizes and not available otherwise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:51 am:

The NH floats are 2 1/2" od. Looks a little less in the picture. The new material floats they sell for the Kingston L2 and Holley G are 2 3/4" and 3" od respectively, if you could make one work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:21 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

Thanks guys, Could I get an exact ID and height? It goes around the venture and is very tight fit. I have the new material but if at all possible would prefer a brass float.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:01 pm:

Guys, I just got a float out and it measures bigger than the Model T float so I guess I'm going to have to make one.

Thanks for the pictures, measurements and responses.

Amazing they got through the spam attack we have going on!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

ID on the brass float is 1 3/8". 9/16" high. It is flat across on top for about 5/16" then tapers down at about 45* to the center.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 05:09 am:

How much bigger is your Maxwell float? I replaced a float in an odd early carburetor using the float out of a '20s Chevrolet Carter carburetor. It is slightly larger than a Holley NH float. Fortunately for me, I had a couple junk Carter carbs that happened to have decent floats inside. There is a place (the Filling Station?) that supplies many parts for early Chevrolets. I have been told they have carburetor floats for the four cylinder '20s cars (but I have not checked with them myself).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:06 am:

Wayne, thanks for that tip, I'll check it out. My float is roughly (hard to measure 100 year old cork accurately! & my only brass float is still in running carb) 2 3/4 in. O.D x 1 5/8 in. I.D. x 11/16 in. high.

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration