Finally met Stan....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Finally met Stan....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I have been communicating with Stan Howe on the forum and via email for more years than I am even sure of. (I remember emailing him for permission to use a piece he wrote about stewardship of Model Ts when I was editor of the St. Louis club's newsletter and that was in the 1990s.) Somehow we have never been in the same place at the same time. Since I was planning a trip west this summer, I decided to include Montana - both to meet Stan and to see part of the Montana 500. Have now done both.

My girlfriend and I got to Helena last Tuesday. Stan came by to pick us up and give us a tour of the area, after which we had dinner together in The Dam Bar. Had a great time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

That's awesome and a great photo too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Looks like they really serve good grub at The Dam Bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Hope that Stan is staying healthy and will enjoy the summer (July & August, the rest is winter) with family and friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

Stan is a nice fella. Dealt with him on a Stromberg and met him at the swap meet in Puyallup Washington.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Stan is a good guy.Met him at Chickasha, in 08.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

spam-bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Guys, there's enough food there for six people!! Egads, gotta put this place on the "must do" list--along with meeting Uncle Stan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 09:19 pm:

Wonderful pic, you three! Thank you for sharing!
Hehe. Hanging around The Dam Bar...
Those burgers are huge!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

that is just a scooby snack for Stan! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Oh boy, and how many of us know what a "Scooby snack" is?
Rats Rall Right, ree ruff rou ranray!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

Stan is more refined than I imagined.
I thought he only drank wine out of a paper cup! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

My blue plastic Scooby Do mug is right above the computer monitor. Looks rough for dang near 50 years though! oops hijack,didn't mean to. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration