OT - Speedster Reunion, K on dyno, MTFCA forum members in the video.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - Speedster Reunion, K on dyno, MTFCA forum members in the video.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:25 pm:

We went on the dyno this morning. 42.2 axle hp, 63 mph (about 52 engine hp). Mike Bender, who bored and ordered aluminum pistons, rings and valves, did seats and other work is on the left. Jerry Hoffman on the right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cbl5tuqk4nciu37/Video%20Jun%2024%2C%2011%2040%2004%20AM%20%281%29.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 01:35 pm:

Hey that's really cool!

I'm betting some dynabeads in those back tires would eliminate some of the vibrations?

When I had my Torpedo on the dyno at Kanab they had a fan blowing into the radiator. Maybe it's off camera there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

Bump to get rid of the spam

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Gene,
They did have a fan, however I didn't get off the car at first, and didn't notice it was much too low to do any good, and we blew the top a few times. Still, I was happy with the results, a few more horse than when the engine was tight and we tested it almost two years ago.

I do have dyna beads, however the backs are still original, and when they are rebuilt I think will be more true.

Beautiful day for the wrap up of the Speedster Reunion. Met Erik and many other forum people, and thought the event was staged perfectly again by the Speedway Museum staff. Great event, museum and people.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration