Moderators: FORUM HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Moderators: FORUM HAS BEEN HACKED!!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

WE NEED A MASSIVE DELETION!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

I found Chris's email address and sent him an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:39 pm:

What we need is to find these spammers and take them for a ride. Preferably behind a T. About 25' behind and tied to a rope!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Barbed wire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Whoa, What's with all the buy pills posts? Somebody must think you guys need a lot of help with...umm, something.

Or maybe they think anybody who owns a Model T Ford is old...well, most of us are, but not that old.

Maybe rather than drag them for a mile or two we hook their sensitive parts to the magneto output post and rev the engine a bit...I'm sure they'd get a charge out that.

Spammers I really hate these guys/gals (got to be equal opportunity minded these days).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Why is all that crap still on here?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

Tommy -I guess we really should consider that our "moderator" probably has a life besides this forum and might just be out of town or whatever this weekend. As we all know, Chris does a great job,....and he'll get to it,.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Yeah, it's super obnoxious. Maybe if there were another moderator or two. Someone who is just on the forum a LOT. They don't have to have the full power of Chris, but maybe ability to delete threads and temporarily block posters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

Got them!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:49 pm:

Thank you Chris! Their profile showed something like 145 postings. That was a lot to clean.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

I think the "pill" ads are being placed by some very lonely wives. They are hoping to get their man out of the barn and into her arms.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:13 am:

THANK YOU Chris!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 07:15 am:

Chris,

Thank you so much! And thank you for all the things you do to keep the forum and web site running smoothly.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

I aint checked the site in a few days and came on to all those ad's I thought I had lost the right link.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

I check this site twice a day or more.
I have never seen any adds for anything.
What am i missing?
How come I don't seen them?
I have wondered why I keep seeing guys posting bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Pretty wild. Especially the amount and sudden appearance of them. A while back I started to get e-mails saying my order from Amazon has been canceled. Usually mentioned a book. I've never used Amazon and, just dumb luck, I didn't click on the rather official looking Amazon logo at the bottom but went right to Amazon itself. Not sent by them and they wanted copies of the messages. Good thing I didn't hit the logo on the e-mail because that's what these buggers want. Lets them in. My Son told me these creeps buy lists of addresses to exploit and it only takes a hit or two to pay off. Got another one around the same time saying my Pay Pal mailing address was changed and gave a name and address in Germany! Went straight to Pay Pal and no change was made. I had changed all my passwords when it first began but was told it didn't have anything to do with getting the messages but clicking on one of those logos would have been a very dumb thing to do.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Beginning of the year I get a warning that the site for the Forum is not a secure site/link. Maybe a time to see what can be done.

RE: This connection is not secure. Logins entered here could be compromised.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 02:16 pm:

Here's what Chris had to say a while back about the "not secure" warning:

"No need to worry, just means we haven't paid a third party for a certificate to say we are who we are.

You probably shouldn't set your password here the same as your bank account.

Chris"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 04:02 pm:

I just got an email saying new thread in for sale/wanted at Willis Overland Knight registry. I looked and it was offering yoga classes. At least these guys just clog stuff up I guess. I went to the International Harvester site one time and there was a guy on a horse with a Saudi glad in the background and it said "this site has been hacked" then something like long live Saudi Arabia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 05:18 pm:

Nothing like a few pill ads to get the old buys ruffled. Does yer tickers good guys - embrace it !!

Garnet

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration