Speedway Hill climb, Lincoln, ne.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedway Hill climb, Lincoln, ne.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George schmidt on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Just a few photos from the the Speedway Hill Climb, held in Lincoln, ne. June23. A special thanks goes out to Bill from Bird Haven for being the flag man.

George Schmidt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

A great meet at a fabulous location. The good folks at Speedway Motors certainly made you feel welcome. Hats off to Richard Johnston who did a fabulous job putting it all together.
Thank you all
Jon Crane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 11:58 am:

Thank you for the very nice pictures. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

Is that most of a VW Bug body adapted to the green Model A ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Ed
Yes you are correct it is a heavily modified VW body hanging on a Model A chassis with a B engine. Built by Charlie Yapp and a photo history of the build is on the Secrets of Speed website. Very unique and way cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 06:13 pm:

And the number 45 belongs to now famous Joel young who went 234 mph In a model t (flate head )powered Streamline in Boneville He was induct into speedway hall of fame

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

The Ford with right hand drive is my favorite!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Robert, are you tellin' me that the guy went over two hundred with a model T engine? Please elucidate! Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

https://www.airaid.com/bonneville.aspx

214.749 mph with a turbocharged flat head Model T engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Thank you, Derek, I didn't know about that, now I'm going to have to study that awhile. Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Tomlinson on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

That black A Model with the red trim is nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

David,

Although he did go that fast, basically the only aspect of the engine that was Model T was the block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 08:12 pm:

Howard
If you really wanted to see something cool, you should have seen the AA dual cab truck with the rollback that hauled the pretty speedster. Together they were stunning!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

#45 is FAST when it shot up that hill. Great time had by all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 01:44 am:

Totally cool pics and cars! Thank you for sharing

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert A Weitzel on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 09:45 pm:

king of the hill goes to Denny spreckard number 1 car and yes the rumor is he's retiring. Car for sale 45 k. Could not build for this also Denny had a buyer who drove the hill and he quit 3/4 up it because denny said he was scared I thought it was I bad run but Denny told me otherwise. Another great racer leaving the sport. And no not because of money Denny says his health is getting bad He will be missed Great sportsman P s here's a chance to jump in And drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 09:20 pm:

A few more photos Imagine T's and A's We all had a great time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Excellent!! Thank you, Dave in Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Warren on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

This was My first time at this, My best time up the hill was 10.58 at about 48 mph. My car is a TA racer, T frame ,suspension, front and rear ends, and steering. It has a model A engine and transmission. Nothing done to the lower end or trans, clutch or flywheel. The engine has a 340 touring cam and a 5.0:1 head. No water pump or fuel pump. It does have a bigger than normal stromberg carb M2 and a lakes exhaust. On the Dyno, It was at 48.72 hp and 112.87 lbs of torque, and reached 81 mph. They tell me that you can add 20% at the engine. There were several T's that did better than I did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

WOW! Cool bunch of cars. But I too gota say that VW bodied A, I like! Reminds me of one of the Europe bodied cars from the 30's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

Thank you guys for posting photos! Holy Moley!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Is that a Model K to be seen among the other cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Yes, it is. Maybe Rob will post test results on that big 6.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

The one and only Ford factory built speedster in attendance!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration