Volvo overdrive ????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Volvo overdrive ????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Hello, I recently went touring with a fellow who has a Volvo overdrive and a Ruckstell in his T. Pretty interesting set up that works very smoothly in hills and flats. He said there was/ is a guy in the hobby who supplied him with the set up. Anyone knows anything about this option? Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Sullivan on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

Laycock&Denormanville overdrive it's British and works good. I know a guy that has one in a box in his archives. Art Reichland in MT. Vernon ,WA. Probably would sell, I can find out.Davein Bellingham,WA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

That's a great idea. I have one in my model A and it works great. Adds about 10 mph at the same rpm. It would be great to cruise around at 45 mph in my T. Just remember you still have 35 mph brakes and steering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale McMurry on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 11:05 pm:

Mick & Rich Overdrive mrovrdrv@earthlink.net
Bakersfield CA They can make the conversion for Model T or A.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 12:49 am:

I have a customer with a BorgWarner overdrive in a model A coupe.
The speedo cable is still running off the rear of the A transmission.
At 50 MPH if I put it in overdrive the speedo drops to 35.
That is a huge reduction in engine speed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration