Lincoln Tires

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Lincoln Tires
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Snell on Sunday, June 25, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

I recently acquired a 1909 Model T Touring from a guy who purchased it from the William Robson estate in Los Gatos, California. The car has never used "Lincoln Tires" on it. Has anyone ever had any experience with those tires? Trying to find out when this car was restored and that might be an indicator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 12:02 am:

We recently bought a large 1915 non ford car that has a great set of Lincoln tires on it. Our car was restored in the 70's so we believe that's when the tires were installed. The car hasn't been on the road for the last 25 years. We've put a couple of hundred miles on them recently and so far there's been no issues. I like the look of them but we'll replace them before we do any long distance touring
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:03 am:

The Lincoln Highway tires were made for many antique automobiles I think in the late '50s, '60s, and early '70s. I am not sure, but I think there may be some relationship to the Lester tires. As far as model T sizes were concerned, some people tended to think they weren't as good as some of the other T tires available at that time. IF (that big IF again) they have aged well, and appear to be in good condition now? My opinion is that they may be better than most of the tires you can buy new today.
It really depends on what you want to do with the car. Drive it? Show it? Re-restore it? I don't think I know the car. I am sure many people here (including me) would love to see photos of it! There are tires available that would look better on the car, if that matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:03 am:

The Lincoln Highway tires were made for many antique automobiles I think in the late '50s, '60s, and early '70s. I am not sure, but I think there may be some relationship to the Lester tires. As far as model T sizes were concerned, some people tended to think they weren't as good as some of the other T tires available at that time. IF (that big IF again) they have aged well, and appear to be in good condition now? My opinion is that they may be better than most of the tires you can buy new today.
It really depends on what you want to do with the car. Drive it? Show it? Re-restore it? I don't think I know the car. I am sure many people here (including me) would love to see photos of it! There are tires available that would look better on the car, if that matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:06 am:

Double post. I haven't done that very many times. Didn't do anything I haven't done a hundred times. Maybe related to some "automatic update" changes I have been noticing all day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman W. Woolley on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 09:47 am:

I have set of Lincoln tires on a 1911 Sevens Duryea they been on the car for a least 40 years.
We tour with the car not a show car.
I looked at them a couple weeks ago no age cracks
I think they where made in India with real rubber.
I think if you put new ones on you would be going down hill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 10:54 am:

My '21 Touring has new Lincoln tires on it. They were on the car when I bought it last September. They are the correct sizes, 30x3 fronts, 30x3 1/2
rears. I like the tread design, straight ribs. I hope they are good tires and will last a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Are the current manufacture Lester Tires made by the former Lincoln Highway tire company ????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:06 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 11:34 am:

Found the answer on Universal Tire's website about Lester Tires ...........

""Lester Tires

Founded by Tom Lester, The Lester Tire Company has been a dominant leader in the supply of tires for the Vintage tire market. Previously named "Lincoln Highway", Lester tires feature a pre-siped ribbed tread design for a smooth quiet ride. Their classic sidewall styling is popular on both prewar and postwar cars.""

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration