New Model T owner

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: New Model T owner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:03 am:

Hello MTFCA.I'm a new member and just acquired a 1919 Touring. Been lurking for a while and decided to take the plunge. Hope to find a club here in central Indiana but have been reading the forum a lot. I'm a complete novice and sure to have a lot of questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:18 am:

Welcome!
Good to have you aboard!
Can you post some pictures of your car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 01:46 am:

Sure, hope to figure out how to post pictures. Baby steps....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:59 am:

Welcome,
There is a club connected to MTFCI in Indianapolis:
https://www.modelt.org/chapter-listing.html
But there are MTFCA chapters in Indiana too:
http://www.mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Perigo - Linton, IN on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Welcome Carl,

Glad to gave another Model T owner in Indiana!

Hope to meet you someday.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

So here it is, my new 1919 Touring, "Ollie". Is there anyone in the Indianapolis, IN area that belongs to a club? I'm having trouble finding one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:26 pm:

Very nice looking rig !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:04 am:

WOW. Nice looking car.. Welcome aboard.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:26 am:

What a beautiful car you have. I wish to own one that nice someday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:02 am:

What a sweety Carl!
You find a club yet? You probably found these already. http://mtfca.com/clubpages/chapters.htm#in
Ask away about technical. These guys really know the model T!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:33 am:

Carl, that's a heck of a nice start to your T collection. Great looking car. Drive the wheels off it!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 07:58 am:

Carl, that's a very nice car. Open car's are a lot of fun, especially if the wind's not blowing 30+ MPH! As Allan said, nice start to your COLLECTION...get ready for the next one! Can't own just one! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Finchum on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Thanks. The couple I got it from took very good care of it for the 27 years they had it. It's got some nick's and scratches but it's a driver not a hanger queen.Has a few issues but nothing major.I've tried contacting the local clubs but no response. Still learning to drive it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Looks very good. Looks like it has some type of auxiliary shock absorbers.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Well Carl: Before long you will have a bunch of "T'S" in your midst! The 2010 membership book show's 18 member's in your area.
Good luck and go out and enjoy the car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:43 pm:

Great looking T! Hope you have as much fun with yours as I'm having with mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 07:46 am:

Great looking T Touring. Congrats and welcome to the affliction. You will probably find it might not be your last T, the tend to reproduce and accumulate.

Hope you can find a local club, but if not, we are here for you.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration