Need dimensions for rear window 1916 touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Need dimensions for rear window 1916 touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey New Zealand on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:00 am:

Iím just about the have a top made for my USA built 1916 touring and while I can find most of the information I need, I have not been able to locate the dimensions for the ďtombstoneĒ style rear window.
Can someone pop out to the shed, garage or barn with a tape measure and get the following rear window measurements;
A= Overall width.
B= Overall height from the bottom of the window to the top of the arch.
C= Side height, from the bottom of the window to where the arch starts.
D= The measurement from the tack line, where the top joins the body, to the bottom of the window.

Iím interested in any comments that you may have about the suitability of the original window i.e. is it too low, too small? I want to retain originality but sometimes small tweaks can make a big difference.
This pic of a 1915, I stole off the net, is the style of the real window

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey New Zealand on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:07 am:

The above is a 1915, a pic I stole off the net.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Heffey New Zealand on Monday, June 26, 2017 - 03:37 am:

You're the man John, that's just what I was looking for. Thank you

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration