1926 headlight differences

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 1926 headlight differences
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:36 am:

headlights

Here is a picture of two 1926 headlights. They are both Ford script. Is the rounded one perhaps Canadian?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:04 pm:

Tom, wonders never cease!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Our T, December 1926, New Orleans plant is neither but more like the one on the left.
Vern
headlight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

That is a difference I look for on '15/'16/'17 buckets. Did not expect it to be happening ten years later!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By steven miller on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 07:20 pm:

Tom's photo is a fender mounted lamp (early 1926 model year) whereas Vern"s is a bar mounted unit

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Tom-
I think you might be looking one lamp made by E&J and another made by Brown.
How many companies were used in '26?
Earlier lamps have some markings around the thimble hole.

: ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

Vern's lamp is the 1927 style. I found three 1926 buckets in my stash, all of them of the left style in Tom's picture. Two are marked "Ford Brown" and the other is marked "Ford E.&J. 440. Pat. April 14 - 14".

brown
e j

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

How about the different mounting holes. Have one that has square bolt holes (carriage bolt?) and one that has round holes. Think they're both 26/27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 08:08 pm:

All of mine have square holes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

I was thinking the flat style would be Brown made. Interesting that E & J is that way too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 12:20 am:

Our '26 TT is an early version, and has the same headlights and supports as the '25 coupe. Suspicions are that previous model parts were used up before any 'improved' came along...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 01:31 am:

The TT never used the improved style fenders or headlamps. About the only improved style feature on TT's except the engine was the oval switch panel, but it wasn't used until 1927 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 02:01 am:

Another Improved Car era option for the TT was the Improved Gas Turban.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:44 am:

I realize that the topic is 1926, but my '27 looks like Vern's.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 09:21 am:

Here are my early (November '25) '26 headlights and one I picked up somewhere (the rusty one).They all have the Ford script on the support that wraps around the bucket. All have square holes. The rusty one is not flat where the socket attaches where the other ones do. Two drain holes in the the early '26 buckets.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration