NitrosOxide - Hillclimb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: NitrosOxide - Hillclimb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:42 am:

Having come back from the Lincoln Hillclimb I reread the FAST rules. No superchargers but nothing about fuels. Anybody ever consider Nitros Oxide on a 4 cylinder T or A?

Just asking

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 11:58 am:

It's a good way to make them change the rules very quickly.

Just ask Andy Granatellie about his turbine Indy car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 12:38 pm:

Fred
Funny you would mention Andy..He is one of my idles. Very good promoter who wrote a fun book
"They call me Mr. 500". And he never won the race!
I have an autographed copy of his book..good read.
His Wedge Car is on display at the Speedway Motors museum. Saw it last week at the hillclimb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John E Cox on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

You might want to add water injection to keep it cool and increase the HP. I would then recommend a good oil filtering system to catch the bearing pieces as they pass by =:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Well if you are on O2 you could just plumb a line into the intake . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Jon. read the rules. Sorry can't use it.
FUEL:Gasoline only, no exotic fuels or nitrous oxide will be allowed. Injectors and/or electronic management systems are not allowed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leo van Stirum on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 02:00 pm:

At least its a good way to boost cranckshaft sales LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 02:29 pm:

The rules:

http://www.antiqueautoranch.com/montana500/rules/rules.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:11 pm:

Mark, that link is to the Montana 500 rules, not the Lincoln Hill Climb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Duh! My bad. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Would anyone notice a little Hydrazine? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

A little T-stoff, a little C-stoff, who will know the difference?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

I watched a safety film once at Edwards AFB about hydrazine - it said by the time you can smell it, it's too late, you'll be dead. :-(

If you ever wondered why guys in moon suits were the first to walk up to a space shuttle after it landed, it was because the APU used hydrazine. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Is nitrous oxide technically a fuel? I would have thought it would have been considered an oxidizer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Nitrous Oxide is a chemical form of supercharging. It allows a bunch more oxygen to be injected along with more fuel. FAST rules say pump gas only, no supercharging of any kind.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

It's only cheating if you get caught.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration