Great Race Auburn Indiana

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Great Race Auburn Indiana
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Didn't go up to Auburn, the racers passed right in front of my house. I'll edit the pictures I took and post the better ones. Guess I had a grin from ear to ear watching these come down the road. wife was just out on the porch and said they are still going by. So far I've seen only one T, but plenty of old cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

County Road 68 AuburnGreat race shots

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:44 pm:

County Road 68 AuburnTaken from the porch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

more photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:50 pm:

another pair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:52 pm:

4th pair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

5th pair

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

last pair Some didn't turn out, caught only part of car, to far or to fast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, June 28, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Great to sit on your porch and see that!!!
Michael, I am not to far from you. We should get together. I would like to see that 26. Thanks for the photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:05 am:

from the start of the race in J'ville I caught my wife hugging up on this guy who was also starting the race

and showing off his car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 08:13 am:

some more pics

more later if you wan to see them

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Thanks both for the photos. Really dig the Fiat 600 Multipla :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:12 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:14 am:

Love pictures, keep em coming.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 09:54 am:

more? O.K.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:00 am:

The Camaro yellow 1930 Model A huckster in last photo is #101!

Driven by Perry Swanson from Douglas,Ga, I was to be navigator! Had to bail out Father's day with med issue, was in hosp on Fri before the start! :-(

But good news I am doing good, (my fuel tank had a clog in the line) and Perry got his son, Nat to fly in and become last minute Naviagtor.

Have been following the race on Great Race Facebook page, they are doing well....are now in the top 11 rookies and going and going. The A got an oil change at Auburn and he has topped off the radiator twice, but that is all! Old Ford's rule!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Glad to hear you are doing good Dan. If there are more gluttons for punishment I still have one more big batch of pics.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:45 am:

Michael - who did the nasty posi burnout down from your driveway ?????????????????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Yes please GR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael in northeast Indiana on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:07 am:

My neighbors son-in-law did that with his new toy, one of those new Dodges. Not the first time that was done. Did it several years ago with a vette, red line down the road and limped back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:10 am:

last batch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Didn't mean to Hijack your thread Michael> I had forgotten I took all of these pics so I thought I would add them to yours at least you had some shade to look at them as they went by it was 96 deg with everyone standing around. Wish I could have been there to watch them with you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Wow!!! Many many great pictures of some rare cars!! The one i like is the Peerless Green Dragon!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, June 29, 2017 - 01:17 pm:

found a better picture of the Green Dragon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

On Friday, I passed a couple of the Great Race cars on US-23 south of Flint, MI. On Saturday, I threw a battery in my convertible and drove into Glennie for gas.

I found myself in the middle of the Great Race and even got photographed as I hurried home. I grabbed my nephew who is also off this week along with chairs and a cooler.

We sat in the driveway for quite a while. After explaining to my nephew the significance of the race, I called my brother and son to tell them how bad they messed up by not being here.

Unfortunately, I didn't have internet access today and I really hope they come through with rural internetification.

Even though I drove 200 miles and found myself with the wrong timing cover seal and a missing drain plug off my NH, there were plenty of car things to do.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration