Shriner's T, Actual Modified Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Shriner's T, Actual Modified Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 05:32 am:

You all have seen a shiners mini model T, I am told that once upon a time they shortened an actual T which let them do wheelies.

There is a fellow who wants to buy such a modified T. Where would you go to try and find one? What words or phrases would you use to search? Has there been an article on how to do it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:56 am:

http://www.tbucketplans.com/model-t-clown-car/ Ben here's a great website with pictures and a video...Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 07:53 am:

Please don't do that to a T. Do a Pinto, no loss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Tommy,If I was a lot younger with a lot of time, I would love to do that with all the spare T parts laying all over the country side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 08:54 am:

The car in the 3rd picture looks to have a Model A rear axle. Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Ben -- One of my Model T buddies here bought a few truckloads of T stuff from a guy who was selling out all of his. There was a "bucking" Shriner's T (or parts of one) in the lot. I think he has disassembled it but he has no desire to have one of those cars, so he'd likely sell you whatever he has which would be useful in building one. I know the shortened driveline was part of it. Shoot me an email if you want me to follow up on this. waterwalk999@gmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:11 am:

The video from the link above is impressive!

https://youtu.be/-Pa6DSCO3ik

Evidently Walt Disney had one! I can't imagine it was from a 1908 T as the video details states...

Matthew

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Wow, watching the video, that would really rob the mains of oil, any ideas to address that, other than use an already worn out engine?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Now that was fun!
I 'spose a pump, ya?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

there is a "clown car" that
'does all the tricks" listed in hemmings for 4500. it is located in Brockport NY might be worth a call.....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration