A thought....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A thought....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:40 am:

About 20 or so years ago, I read a report about steel recycling in our country. It stated that the steel in your car sitting in your driveway had been in at least 11 prior cars since the days of the Model T dawning. That's a lot of steel from a lot of cars. If you've seen the film of the earliest T's being fed into the furnaces I guess it's possible your T might have steel from several PRIOR T's in it's makeup....hmmm, how about a T made from parts from other T's, each made from recycled steel. Maybe a hundred T's in your T. No wonder each T has a different personality!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 08:14 am:

Since the topic is "A Thought", I was thinking.
Who was the first person killed by a Ford?? The more I thought about it, I came to the conclusion, that in history it must have been William Bonney.
Since that is documented. ............Just saying.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 08:41 am:

The materials to make a Model T came out of the earth. I have seen many Model T's sitting on the ground and returning to the earth. We have interrupted a few on their journey back to the earth.
With the folks killed by Model T's don't forget those conceived in a Model T.
Just a couple more thoughts.
How thoughtful, Gary, to get us thinking. :-)
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:05 am:

I had a thought, but I can't locate it at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Me: "I have an idea!"
Mom: "Treat it kindly. It's in a strange place."

Now you know where I got my twisted sense of humor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:07 am:

Oh yeah. There is a great 1010 on the HCCA site and a Paco article on The Old Motor site.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:08 am:

Make that a 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Steve, William Bonney aka "Billi the Kid" was shot by Pat Garrett. I believe you're thinking of Jesse James, the "dirty little coward" who shot him was a Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Jesse James, Bob Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:27 am:

You are correct Rich, My bad.. or should I say a senior moment...
Thanks for the correction...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 10:27 am:

" Now Jesse had a wife, remained a lady all her life,

the children they were brave.

But legend does record that Bob and Charley Ford

Have laid poor Jesse in his grave...."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

"Here lies Lester Moore

One shot from a .44

No Les, no Moore"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

I think Whitey and Hogan did a great job recording that old recycled song in 1948: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PI00Avb21Nc

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration