If you're a contact person, do your job.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: If you're a contact person, do your job.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

This is one of my pet peeves. A new Model T owner says, "I tried contacting the local clubs, but got no response." We always advise new folks to get into a local club for help and advice, but they can't do it if they can't do it. An apparent lack of interest in new members is quite a turn-off. I speak from experience. I once tried to contact a local chapter of another national club and never got a response, and I haven't tried again. Contrast that with East Central Kansas T's. Some members drove over an hour to my place to recruit me as a member. I don't expect every club to do that, but they need at least to do the bare minimum of answering calls and emails.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

I'd go 2 shots. Who knows, change of personell or what ever, it could have been missed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Usually there is someone in a contact position who thinks the internet is a fad. Chapters set up a web site and then never keep up with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Zahorik on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:34 pm:

Steve, Clubs are like people, there is good and not so good. If you are interested in joining our club or would like help with your car, we can help. In fact we have done this plenty of times are generally get a new member out of it. Try
www.milwaukeemodeltclub.com Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

This is a big problem with "the information age" and not just with T clubs. Websites require constant maintenance, and few groups realize that. Once its set up, DONE! oooops!! I belong to a few groups with this problem and I feel like I'm talking to the wind when I suggest that someone has to be on the job constantly. No, not me, I'm not that computer literate, and I'm on dial-up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:41 pm:

Steve is right. We need to make it easy for people to contact us. Telephone, internet, mail, carrier pigeon- whatever works.

It is important to keep the contact info updated. There is nothing embarrassing as calling someone and finding out that they died 2 years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 02:58 pm:

The best way to contact the younger generation is to text them. They won't answer there cell phone. But yet they are on them constantly. I have never sent a text yet but I think I am going to learn soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 03:05 pm:

Mike's link shows you a good example of how a local club should present itself. The site is current, updated just three days ago. I realize not all local clubs have somebody willing and able to be a webmaster, but even a small club should have email and a phone number, and somebody spry enough to answer inquiries. It's appalling how many local clubs, in the second decade of the twenty-first century, have only snail mail. This is especially a problem with MTFCI chapters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 03:11 pm:

Steve is right !! Need clubs to stay on top of the mail.
And while we are on the subject, is there a way to post pics to this forum using my phone ,by way of a smartphone ?? Maybe the forum tech guys needs to figure that out .
The reason I ask is sometimes I'd like to post here pics and comments from my iPhone , our young tech savvy friend Derrick Pang doesn't post many pics because it's too time consuming.
When I take pics with my phone I have to email to myself or post/share to FaceBook and then drag to my desktop before I can upload to this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

George, download free picture resize app. I use "resize me". It is time consuming but thats all I use for forum is my cell phone. Problem is my smart phone is too smart for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 05:33 pm:

Dallas, I don't have resizing problems, my iPhone gives pics at about 190kb . The Mac resizes easy peasy threw preview tools.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

Every club needs to check the info on the MTFCA and MTFCI website club listing. Many times when officers change the info is not submitted to update the National website contact peerson.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt cwynar on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

If you send yourself a email with your iPhone of a picture you get the option when you hit send to change the size of the picture. If you do that then resave the picture when you get your email back and you will be able to post that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Kossor - Kenilworth, NJ on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Im in the Flagstaff Arizona area and sent an email to the local club contact person Russ Furstnow inquiring about Model T events and activities in the area today. I received a reply in minutes. Outstanding example of how things can work. Thanks Russ!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

I'm Sacramento's contact person for the only MTFCI club in California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

Mike, When U deal with Furstnow, You're dealing with the best!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erick Keenan - Vineland NJ 08360 on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 06:54 pm:

Is that a real Job? not being funny but that would be a great one, just think about model Ts all day for a paycheck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Paycheck???

Most folks I know VOLUNTEER - sans paycheck.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration