Ford and Holley Vaporizers the same or??????

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Ford and Holley Vaporizers the same or??????
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

I have a Ford and a Holley Vaporizer Carburetor both are essentially the same and I have always been told they are twins,but this is what I discovered during rebuild.

the Holley is using part # 6212 float needle & seat
but the Ford is using part # 6172 needle & seat for a Kingston L-4 here are pictures of where they are installed Holley first

then the Ford

The Holley is threaded cast iron but the ford seems to have some sort of brass insert that is threaded for the L-4 needle and seat. My question is is this normal or is this a repair made by a model T'er with more brains than money?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

And you've owned them since new? I suspect the insert is a repair from years past. This is one place a Helicoil won't work.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration