Whose speedster is this?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Whose speedster is this?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

This is crazy and random but I was watching the new Chips movie, based on the 80's TV show with Eric Estrada. Anyway! I looked up the original show on IMDB (internet movie database) and the first picture to pop up is this one with a yellow speedster.

It looks like Ralph Ricks speedster to me except that I think his had black fenders instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Also, here's the link to where I found the picture.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4190977280/tt0075488

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 05:27 pm:

At first glance I was going to say RDRicks also, time frame would be about right. Ralph later converted it into a pickup truck and caught hell when it was painted a sic, pea green color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Mahoney on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

The speedster belonged to Ken Keesee of Anaheim, CA. It was built in the early 1970's, and did run at the Shell Hill Climb a couple of times. Had a Rootlieb body and Pasco wires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

Mark- I thought that was Ken Keesee's speedster. I remember Ken and his Model T museum very well. He had a great collection of cars. I know the collection no longer exists but is Ken still around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Mahoney on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 07:01 pm:

Unfortunately Ken passed away in January of 2016 at age 87. The white touring you see the tail end of in front of the speedster was also Ken's, a 1910.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration