Martin Parry cab build.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Martin Parry cab build.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

I have a MP wood cab with hinged doors. I am looking for door handles and latches. I would like to have the Martin Parry makers tag also. I do not know what these pieces look like as mine are gone. If anyone has these pieces and would part with them I am searching. Photos would give me an idea of what I am searching for. I found original MP green paint when I removed glass. Want to keep it as close to original as possible. I will post photos of progress. Any help with these parts is appreciated

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 06:36 am:

Dallas... Have you joined the Martin-Parry club? Well, it's not really a "club" but there is a website where you can get MP information and post photo's of your car. It's kind of a registry of sorts. I have a beautiful original 6 post express made in 1923. It's on the MP website. In any event, I have not scanned through all the photo's on there but you may find the information you are seeking. One more thing, my truck doesn't have any of the doors or hinges you need but I may be able to help with photographing other details if you send me a pm with your email. Have fun!

http://www.martin-parry.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:53 am:

James, Thanks for posting that, I've saved it, being part-owner of a M-P produce truck and of a Parry pickup bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

No Problem David... !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

Thanks Jim. The MP site has good info. The photos you sent are a huge help to answering my a lot of my questions. Mine appears to have had swing up windows as there are screw holes in the wood . Were L brackets on the doors common? Screw holes indicate at one time mine did. I am missing most hardware and bolts,latches,hinges ect. Your photos help.
Thanks Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

I picked up the lumber yesterday for the rebuild of the Martin Parry cab. It is at my buddys cabinet shop. Will start cutting parts tomorrow. I will post photos as it progresses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

Following! I'm not much good at woodwork, but I enjoy watching those that are :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, July 14, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Still looking for photos of this cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:50 pm:

Had a good day at the shop. Both doors are cut and ready to put together after new metal panels are made. On the hunt for slot head wood screws. A friend gave me a box of screws that he got from his grandfathers estate. My friend is 74. After posting photos its out to the garage to sort sizes that I need. The carriage bolts and lags are not going to be easy to find. The carriage bolts are 1/4 inch with an oversize head. I still have no hinges or door latch. Discovered that the rear side windows are hinged to swing up against top. We got the top frame cut minus bows. Still would like to have a photo of rear window with measurements. I will post photos next

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Dallas,
Those "carriage bolts with wide heads" are called "Step Bolts" Used to be you could get them at Orchard Supply Hardware, but now you will probably have to find a fastener store or go on-line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 10:47 pm:

Dallas, try Fastenal or McMaster Carr. I don't think they are too hard to find, at least they didn't used to be. :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:15 am:

You might try Restoration Supply for the bolts.

Are you sure there was a rear window? Mine appears to have had only a curtain on the rear, but Windows on the sides and front.i can't swear that was original, but was certainly that way for a long time. I found the remnants of the curtain material under the piece of wooden moulding that retained the upper edge of the curtain.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:25 am:

Hal, I cant see any way there was a window or frame for one. The MP site has advertisements but the rear is not shown. Can you take photos of yours. All I have for the rear of cab is the lower board with a groove for metal panel insert and the rear top board for roof .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 08:46 am:

Hal, I went back to site. I believe you are correct.
You can clearly see the rear roll up pannel with a window in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Sunday, July 16, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Dallas,

I was out in the shop today,but forgot to take a picture. You might be able to make out a little detail from my profile picture. There's a piece of wood that kinda acts as a drip edge that is nailed to the rear of the cab above the window opening. The upper edge of the curtain is sandwiched between the moulding and the cab, and trimmed off even with the upper side of the moulding.

Having said all that, I can't swear mine is a Martin Parry. I'd like to think it is, but don't see a name anywhere. Mine has sliding doors.

Let me know if you still want pics. I can get some tomorrow night.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 06:54 am:

Hal
From what I gather the arched piece above the rear side window and the stamped line in the metal inserts on sides is a MP thing. Any photos you can send would be great.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, July 17, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Blacksmith bolt and rivet. They sell carriage bolts with no marks on them. They come in black also. Elevator bolts are what I was looking for. They also have square head lags. These are a must for wood bed or cab rebuild. Thought maybe some others are looking also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 07:23 am:

Dallas,

Here are some shots of mine. I used top material for the curtain, but I believe the original was canvas. Also, mine does not have the curved top to the rear side windows, so it probably is not Martin Parry.

Note damage to upper rear of roof. That's what happens when the garage door isn't FULLY raised before backing out. Garage door suffered worse fate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 07:24 am:

More:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 07:25 am:

One more of truck with sliding door closed:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:41 am:

Could be MP. Earlier model? I like the sliding doors. Any detail on floor construction will help. The photos of rear window are awesome. Thank you. That clears up a lot of questions. I am no expert on MP as far as yours goes. They made many different cabs. The side panels look like MP.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:12 am:

I've never found any markings to indicate who built the cab on my TT. These photos strongly suggest it's a Martin Parry. Since the roof of my cab was rather crudely removed I have less to go on, but the side body panels in the catalog page posted by Dallas sure do look like what I have.

Here's a photo. What do you guys think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Hal & Dallas..
The original curtains on the M&P trucks were an imitation leather, with a canvas backing. They were not fastened with commons sense fasteners, but rather there were hooks screwed into the wood, and leather keepers with a strap that latched through the hook. Here are some pics of mine.
tr1tr2tr3

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:27 am:

James,
WOW!!! It's so INTACT! I suspect "my" M-P is (was)very much like yours. I will save these pics for my project (which is a ways into the future). How about a pic of your tailgate, and some of how the bed bolts to the frame??
Many thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Wow - Cool truck James!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

My doors are actually 2 metal panels with a wooden rail between, rather than a single panel with the "Line" stamped in it.

I'll see about some floor pictures tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Mine has stamped line in two and one has a wood strip for metal panels. Maybe someone replaced them at one time. James thanks for that detail. I like it much better than normal fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Henry, I have another wood cab from an unknown maker also. The windshield hardware is different on that one. Also has metal panels but not like MP. That is a future project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

tr4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

tr5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 01:47 pm:

Sorry about the duplicates and the empty posts, but I got all kinds of crazy errors!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

James,
That hardware looks very familiar. I lost my pics of mine & it's at my T partner's house, so I can't compare them right now. How about underneath the bed? Many thanks for these pics!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

David, do you have the hardware? Door latches, L-brackets ect... The MP tag? Extras?
Ron Wiley has some really great photos of his build with drawings on the MP site. Go to car registry 24-27.
James a real close up of those fasteners and how leather is attached would help to recreate those. Front and back of metal pieces. Wondering how they are attached.
What a great forum for info!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, July 18, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

I have one M-P step plate, and most of the metal hardware--but it's been over a year since I looked at everything. I had made an inventory and some drawings--I hope I didn't lose them during the great Hard Drive crash last summer.
My truck is on a '26 chassis, and there are adapter pieces, we believe are M-P to adapt to the '26 cowl. I will have to take time to go over and document everything again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Guys... I will try to get photo's uploaded tomorrow afternoon. Right now, I'm in the middle of a show at our local community theater that my daughter is in. So I won't have a chance to snap pics until tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Dallas,

Here are a couple of the floor. I took some others, but can't seem to get them to e-mail to myself from my phone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, July 19, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Interesting details, note the non-flat floor boards and yours doesn't have the metal M-P door plates. Really appreciate these detail shots. When you can get to it, some from under the bed would be wonderful, I'm kinda guessing on that area!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 07:17 am:

David,

My bed is not in its original configuration. The previous owner narrowed it up, but someone prior to him had "Rebuilt" it. I do believe the metal bands around the outside are original, but not too sure about any of the wood. Maybe Henry can post some pics of the underside of his. That would help us both.

Also, if anyone has a clue as to the manufacturer of mine, please let me know.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 07:20 am:

By the way, James. I LOVE your truck! It's amazing that it has survived in that condition. Don't change a thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Thanks Hal... I'm leaving it just the way it is. All I have done is repair things that are in poor shape, mechanically so it runs and drives. Here are pictures of the leather clasps that Martin Parry used to attach the imitation leather side curtains.m1m2m3m4

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Thank you James! That truck is something special. I will try to make those when I get cab together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 05:32 pm:

It looks like a round piece of leather with a tab on one side sandwiched between rings? Very nice photos.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 09:47 pm:

The ring looks very much like a carpet fastener ring. Might be one place to start.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

David, I am unfamiliar with carpet rings. What are they used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, July 21, 2017 - 02:20 am:

Used in at least model As for snaps to hold carpets on floor. It's been a while since I've used or even looked at one. The snap end would have to be modified to work in this arrangement though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

Well working on the cab for a few hours on Saturdays is taking a long time but I am making progress. Drove the RPU to the shop I am building on to to work on MP cab. I have the doors built and cab sides. I still need to cut metal panels but it is screwed together so not a problem. Spent time cleaning and sorting slot head wood screws that are the same vintage as the cab. The front of the cab is cut out and ready for mortis work. One more day and it should start to look like a cab. I still hav'nt found the door latches

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, July 29, 2017 - 10:31 pm:

What a great truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 06:38 am:

The cab is coming together. Front is together now and rear is cut and ready to put together. Hal, I could use some photos of the front of cab where doors and top attatch inside and out. I am struggling with missing parts in that area.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 07:55 am:

That's one nice looking shop!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 08:02 am:

Yes Bud, its great to have friends. I have been working there for some time. We are waiting on cabinets and flooring to be finished,then install base trim and original work is done. He wants me to install dust collector system and air lines and paint booth now. Its been a good job. Working there on weekends is more fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, August 06, 2017 - 11:53 am:

It is looking good.
Thanks for the update.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 07:32 am:

Dallas,

I'll try to remember to take some photos tonight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Dallas.. I sent you pics via text of the front of the cab and the roof joint. did you get them?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, August 07, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

Yes. Thank you. The top support was part of what I needed

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 05:52 am:

Dallas, that is one of the main reasons that I sold you my TT stuff. I knew that you had the expertise and equipment to put it all to work. I am in awe with your work!!!! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 07:59 am:

Dallas,

I took a few pics last night, but still need to resize before posting. I'll try to get to it at lunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Here's the ones I took last night. Remember, I can't swear this is a Martin Parry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 08, 2017 - 06:27 pm:

Thanks Hal. Dave, I think it will be a hit when finished. Its not hard to work with wood when you have a shop like my buddy. I think it will be very close to original specs. Its tough when you dont have an exact example and missing parts. All the photos from forum folk is a huge help. The 8in1 convertible truck body wont be as complicated I hope.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 03:26 am:

My 22-24 vintage M/P model 221 Full Top Express with forward rolling doors has the optional upper filler panel with a sliding sash window. Opening is 17-1/8 high and 15-1/4 wide, and window glass is 15-1/2 high and 13-1/2 wide. From what I have found, on a "Full Top" the lower green panel was standard, and the upper black filler was an option, and the sliding window was another option. Note that the filler does not actually fill all the way to the top as it does not follow the curve of the roof.

my floor boards (not original) sit on top of the floor risers, but I think originally they may have been on the lower flanges and lower ledges of the frame rails giving a slight step down floor.

here are the step plates, rear corners, body decals, and spare carrier

sideview

doors forward

original pinstripes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Hood -Long Beach, California on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 03:29 am:

My 22-24 vintage M/P model 221 Full Top Express with forward rolling doors has the optional upper filler panel with a sliding sash window. Opening is 17-1/8 high and 15-1/4 wide, and window glass is 15-1/2 high and 13-1/2 wide. From what I have found, on a "Full Top" the lower green panel was standard, and the upper black filler was an option, and the sliding window was another option. Note that the filler does not actually fill all the way to the top as it does not follow the curve of the roof.

my floor boards (not original) sit on top of the floor risers, but I think originally they may have been on the lower flanges and lower ledges of the frame rails giving a slight step down floor.

here are the step plates, rear corners, body decals, and spare carrier

sideview

doors forward

original pinstripes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, August 09, 2017 - 09:23 pm:

Thank you Jeff. I love that sliding rear window. Also like the doors that slide forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 07:51 am:

Jeff, that is one cool truck. I love these photos of everyone's unrestored trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Dallas - I'm not worth a hoot at woodworking, but I'm really enjoying watching you build this from scratch. Thanks for sharing with us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, August 10, 2017 - 10:20 am:

Steve, I have a partial cab. I am trying to make the missing parts as period correct as possible. I will have to make most of the metal bits from scratch. So far no two cabs are the same that I have seen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

Well another day in the shop and progress made. It has been a couple weeks since I have worked on it but its looking like a cab. My steel for metal inserts will be in monday. Disassemble all the wood to fit metal then paint the metal panels. Then I can start final assembly. I hope to get the floor of cab finished this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Lookin good.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adrian Whiteman, New Zealand on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 03:57 am:

Great info.

What is the timber you are using?

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 05:55 am:

Adrian, poplar is what the original was made of so thats what I'm using. There are a couple of pieces of ash in the floor system.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 10:07 am:

M-P bodies were made regionally at many places, at their heyday. The truck cabs were painted, so any lightweight hardwood that would take paint was used. The two originals I have are birch and maple. I don't doubt poplar was used. Floors were always yellow pine, and roofs were fir and the roof slats were thin yellow pine, for lightness. I've actually held a complete hack roof overhead with one hand. The fancier bodies like the station wagons were ash with walnut plywood panels, and floor and roofs as stated above. The heavy bottom structural parts I've seen in maple,fir,poplar. This info from 40 years of seeing, and studying them. I'm sure there are exceptions, and again, they likely didn't transport wood, but used what was nearby their shops. A couple of notes. On my closed cab truck, which was likely dipped in black paint when new, was run through a sanding machine after the panels were made. It's now natural birch, but I'd never do that again, what a chore to get cross sanding marks out. Beautiful work, Dallas, and if you need paper patterns of any of the body tin work, drop me a line with your needs , tmorsher@icloud.com. I'll fix you up. I also hope you have checked out Martin-parry.com. Ben has done a fantastic job with the website. Good luck, again, looks fantastic ! T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Thanks for info Tim. I sent you an e-mail.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Sunday, August 20, 2017 - 06:25 pm:

Looking good, Dallas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Main floor is ready to test fit the cab. Mounting hardware is painted. Some original carriage bolts and some not. Spent time with a file and sand paper to get rid of raised lettering on new bolts. New metal panels should be done tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, August 22, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

The last photo the angle block for floor is just sitting there. Its on the wrong end of cab floor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 04:20 pm:

More progress. Mounting cab to floor. Panels are fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

More hardware blasted and painted. Patent pending date on winshield hinges is Nov. 9, 1915. Illinois Brass MFG CO.
Work on wood parts at cabinet shop and then clean or make metal bits at my shop. Its a ways from done but its alot of fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 12:03 am:

Great job Dallas. Can't wait to see it finished! Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 07:45 pm:

OCF last weekend slowed progress a bit but I'm back at it. Looking like a cab with the doors mounted. Most hardware is finished. Paint goes on the metal panels next weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, September 18, 2017 - 11:51 pm:

Excuse the belated bump Dallas. Been at a threshing show tending stationary steam engines over the long weekend.
Good eye on the other thread! ;-)

I've been waiting to post here since the day you started this thread! :-)
You have a cab! And it's looking fantastic! Wowee!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Back to work on the cab this morning. Put everything back together after painting panels. Built the windshield frame and laid out hinges. Shoot! I left my coping saw at home. Well there is always tomorrow. Will finish hinges and make the two top bowes. The seat frame is next and finish the the oval steel plates for the front of cab.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 01, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

More hardware installed. Windshield is operational.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

Visor installed and top bows are in place. The cab top is arched side to side and front to back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Brown on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Thatíll look great on my TT project. When can I pick it up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 04:06 pm:

It would look great on yours Dan but I think it will look better on mine. I could build you one but then I would have to add up the hours I have in it and then I would feel bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Look'n good, there Dallas!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, October 07, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

Thanks Dennis. Hope to have it up north next year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:01 pm:

What a great collection of details and information. We have one locally I hope will be completed soon.
Thanks to all.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Richard, any photos?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, October 08, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

I am not sure why I don't have pictures of it. It has been here for many years and had 3 owners. The restoration has been going slowly but I hope this thread will inspire some more work on it.
I will try to get over there with the camera.
Thanks

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration