OLD PHOTO - In Smith Form-A-truck we trust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OLD PHOTO - In Smith Form-A-truck we trust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Friday, June 30, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 06:30 am:

By the insignia on the end, a load field artillery.
Handy boxes there- shell containers to the front, coffins to the rear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:24 am:

If that says "U.S. Rifles", those boxes are full of M1903 Springfields. Dad talked about how disappointed he was, when Uncle Sam took away the Springfields he trained with, and handed him a Garand. He weighed 114 pounds, and the Garand weighed 9-3/4 pounds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 10:54 am:

Yes, I believe boxes say "10 US Rifles".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 11:40 am:

Kinda ironic, the trucks for Red Cross Service and it's carrying a load of rifles!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Check out the coachwork detail on that closed cab. The mouldings around the side windows and the decorative pillars at the sides, and the pin striping are reminiscent of early hearses. That is one spiffy truck!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 12:18 am:

Allan, you nailed it for me. I missed the details the first four times I looked.
What a handsome cab and trucks!
Is the second truck a Runabout?
Why does it appear that the running board is angled?
Cool pic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 02:50 am:

Duey, if those are original running board brackets, they have been modified at the frame rail end. The uphill look may just be an accidental tweak in service.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 11:03 am:

those running board brackets are org smith. i have some in my swap stuff. charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration