4th of July Photos of your T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 4th of July Photos of your T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:43 am:

Could be from last year until Tuesday for some new ones. Interested in how others doll up their T's for parades, events, or just 4th of July weekend trips to the ice cream parlor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPTwooZHx2I

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Some pictures taken last year at Coronado, Ca

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Robison on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Here's a few that have the correct color scheme.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Dressing up the War Wagon and the Jeep and the house today. Will post photos later. Small parade at Presbyterian Village with the War Wago and a large parade on Tuesday in Marietta, GA with the jeep and machine gun trailer.

It's a good day to be an American. The heck with those Canadians. Get your own holiday!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jonathan Bodine on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 01:13 pm:

The pictures of Tom Carnegie and Scott Rawlings were from the 1977 Montana 500 Cross Country run where Tom Carnegie won the race and Scott Rawlings finished 16th. Brought back great memories.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 11:31 am:

39 years ago today this lovely lady and i were married in a small ceremony and then drove our Speedster in the local 4th of July parade. That was followed by an annual Car Club picnic. The car hobby has been part of our lives and good to us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Corbett, Oregon parade, 2016

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Joy took the kids and some neighbors in the parade in our C-cab. This was the Summer of 1985 and I was spending every spare minute finishing my 1915 Roadster for an HCCA Tour in McCall. Parades were much fun for years but waiting in line without restroom facilities and other considerations eroded the fun. Now we take the old car to breakfast instead. Often well intentioned folks point out we are late or missing the parade. That is as much fun for me.
The C-cab differential went out after the parade (below) and Joy and the kids walked home. She feared it was her driving and not the years of racing and hauling sand that differential endured.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:20 pm:

maybe next years parade....?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Happy 39th anniversary Richard and spouse

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Just home from town shopping.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

Thank you Gary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Ready for the Noxon and Heron Parades.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Won First Prize in the Fourth of July parade car show.

Billparade

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:50 am:

This year's still photo is much like last year's. Video later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:35 am:

I didn't even have the flags poked into the windshield posts. Oops.
t
Just bringing a cold beer to my neighbor at his cabin.
He was very grateful.

Happy 39th Anniversary Richard and Joy!
At our house I call it (lovingly) our Adversary Day. 30 years looking me in the face...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 06:51 am:

I went with Steve Jelf's decorative touch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 08:15 am:

T is ready for the day

Home is ready for the day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 10:03 am:

4th Parade in Granville,Ohio----an "origional" 1912 Touring, so NONE of the BRASS is polished!

1912 T touring

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Well, I flipped a coin and the Model Ts lost, so I took our '06 REO to the parade instead. Click on the gob of letters and numbers below and see part of the the City of Piedmont, California parade. Leading our group was a 1905 Studebaker Electric along side of a new Tessla. The new and old electric technology. Hope this works for you. https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPJYtx8Z5BAa87Ffjq7LLdpR3LkFh5vWDoJXiQQ0Pk0 HHBqr40MpkjPg_SaJkX1dw/photo/AF1QipMMCQmVFD5x4LpgPqFDpcCQFhirUzaAehU2twFI?key=Wk NrS3hxb19mX29Id0tiMDFCUUlwQmxIMmhvUmxR

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Fantastic pics...thanks to all for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

I see so many cars driving in a straight line down the street. The Milwaukee clubs weaves in and out so we can visit both sides of the street and go forwards or backwards. The crowd loves it. On an occasion you get a stretch where you can give it a little gas. Especially fun with the speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:08 pm:

Great pictures, Don! Did the parade organizers supply the signs telling folks what each car was?

Is that Ed Archer in the 1906 Locomobile?

:-)

(Message edited by cudaman on July 05, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

Mark, yes the City provided the signs. You might recognize the guy in the 1906 Locomobile. He was weaving as you can see the "barn find" 1914 Model T behind him on a weird angle. Years ago they would not let us weave as many threw out candy for the kids and they were running out to retrieve the candy. They then outlawed candy being thrown out of cars so we took up weaving. Our HCCA regional group organized about 50 or 60 cars for the parade. Many took the dignitaries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don A on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

Yes that is Ed Archer. Dan and Mary McEachern were in his '14 touring (no photo) and daughters can be seen in the speedster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Thanks Don. Those were fun.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Poane on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

We put decorations on the car in the rain, which stopped 10 minutes before the parade. The engine got so wet, water pooled around the spark plugs. Then, the low gear clutch pedal came back as it should but the band seemed to stick on the drum, if that made sense. That caused the car to stall once. By the end, I think it was running on three cylinders. I'll inspect it this weekend. We had to take cover in a porta potty!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Happy 4th

Grandson Lincoln taking his girlfriend for a ride

Heading out to the back lots

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

Thank you Don A! (I think?) Quite a few people I know in those pictures.
Many other nice wonderful pictures of lots of people enjoying the day as well. Nice!
Thank you all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 07:06 pm:

At the Santa Fe Plaza 4th of July car show and pancake breakfast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Mahoney on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 07:48 pm:

Made it onto the local Panama City, FL news! The 1914 made it thru the parade (86+ deg, 76% RH - brutal!) - thank you Brassworks! Father-in-law even got interviewed (30 yr USA vet). We were the oldest car by far - will reach out to other local T owners for next year's parade to bolster the ranks. To an earlier poster's comment, yes, going back and forth across the roadway works well to "engage" the crowd - hell, they don't know if you'll be able to stop!

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Veterans-observe-Independence-Day-432520793.html

Lynn Haven, FL 4th of July (2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

It rained here most of the day and then again last night we didn't get to drive anything. Great pictures of all the cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

Duey, fogging the mosquitoes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

4th of July Tour with the Mother Lode Model T Club

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Andy, afraid so but it doesn't work that well at all. We still have another billion of the little buggers. :-)
Smoke rises.
Plus the birds get mad at me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 08:41 am:

Great day for a parade in Texas!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Duey, I thought you had a portable BBQ in the back! Well at least its still got oil in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

This year's video: https://youtu.be/pRoyoh8ce7I. I tried to correct the typos, but Youtube's editing function doesn't.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

Great movie, Steve! How was the drive home in the dark? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 12:51 am:

Bellaire, Tx 4th of July parade with Pack 34. I am wearing my 1970's Boy Scout hat with my son.

Steve, your videos and pictures are always interesting.

4th of July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, July 10, 2017 - 07:19 am:

Mark, not bad. It's a very familiar route.

Ignacio, you're in the same boat I am: touring with no top. Maybe this year.
:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration