Electric Tail Lamp Questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Electric Tail Lamp Questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Cameron Whitaker, Oklahoma City on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Mostly, I'm interested to know when Ford added an actual brake light. The electric tail light came out in 1919 for the starter cars (right...?) and I believe it was just a running light for when the headlights were on. Of course, the non-starter cars stuck with kerosene tail lamps.

What years were the various styles of tail lamps used? Did the 26/27 Ts have a brake light, or were they still using just running lights?

Thank you for your responses!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:35 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/I-O.htm#lamps

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 05:47 pm:

From Erik's link it looks like a brake light became an option in March of 26.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

Stop lamps on autos were an early '20's thing, some more expensive cars had them, the lowly Ford not among that group. Ford finally succumbed to accessory fads, and offered the Ford combo Stop and Tail lamp for the Improved Car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 09:39 pm:

The '27 American Rolls Royce had tail light, brake light and back-up light! However,only on one side! Fancy German Silver three-lamp set and license plate holder.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration