Center Door with Warford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Center Door with Warford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kurt Baltrusch on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 08:54 am:

I just put a KC Warford in my Center Door and it is a great asset to the car. However, it makes getting in and out of the car a little tougher and these cars must have been built for more agile drivers (and passengers)! Has anyone else tried to alter the shifter to make this easier? I am thinking of bending it forward, or maybe to the left. A left shifted Ruckstell might be a better solution, but the overdrive is very nice on tours.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Prince Madras, Oregon on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

Kurt, I cut off the original shifter and grafted part of a mid 70's chevy pick up shift lever and bent it to fit. I got this car from a friend that hit the shifter with his knee and knocked it into neutral and that resulted in a roll over on a bad side hill, so make sure that where you put it is out of the way but still accessible.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration