Pictures

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Pictures
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 12:49 pm:

I know this is a hot topic at times but if the picture addition on the classified was simpler I will bet that the classifieds would triple in size. Would it help if several of us were willing to pitch in and pony up to purchase software? I own a real estate brokerage that posts a lot of pictures. When I ask my staff for help they just laugh because of their previous experience. Just a thought.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i offered to.just got laughed at. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 01:20 pm:

It would be nice to get to offer parts to people actually building cars rather than the eBay meat market This forum has been such a wealth of info and sometimes humor. It is required reading in my daily routine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

I don't mean this to sound like a smart aleck, but What is so hard about the way it is? Maybe i'm missing something. I just use the upload attachment button. So long as the photos are within the size limitation, it works well. Resizing a photo is easy enough if necessary.

test

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David A. Siver.......De Smet, SD on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Ran when parked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Looks like someone stole some parts! It might run again if someone takes it home and replaces the missing parts and rebuilds the rest!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 05:52 pm:

Steve I am sure it's easy for someone that submits pictures often but for those of us that do it on this site only occasionally it takes a relearn process every time. Many times I won't put something on because of the difficulty in doing so. I can put a picture on eBay in less than 15 seconds. I guess my question is why can't it be a simpler process for those of us that don't have time to waste on the computer and had rather be more productive working on our T,s

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

i am with you larry. but as i said good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

I use adobe photoshop to size my pictures.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

OK folks, I'm no computer wiz, AND I am on 33K dial up--yes that's K not GB! I have no problem uploading photos. I do have to take my picture an open it in Microsoft Picture Manager and save it as a compressed file--the selection includes "for web" and then I just use the "upload Picture" option from the forum. Takes a little bit for it to upload due to the dial up connection, but there it is, DONE.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

I hear ya Larry. I go on a number of different forums, some are easy to post photos on, others are very difficult. I struggle on some. This one falls in the middle. This forum's format is very archaic, a single running list of topics rather than a set of subforums make it very difficult to find an old thread. We all know the search function limitations. Fortunately a Google search with an mtfca prefix works pretty well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 07:17 pm:

Actually, I've found that it's not so easy with my iPhone. The files are always too large so I go through another program for sizing. They never work the first couple of times ... so I keep posting until they do.

On Facebook .... anything you post works. No need to putz with anything else. I suspected that people who have older phone cameras have a much easier time since the files are smaller. Kinda like when you see someone who still has an AOL account with dial up .... the model T of the internet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 09:55 pm:

For some folks posting pictures on this forum is easy. Others find it daunting. Could that have anything to do with attitude?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

jerk. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 10:03 pm:

that will be my last post. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I don't know what got Under Charley's skin, Hope he's back later.
That's the problem with many new devices. The coding is so sloppy, and they use up so much memory that older devices can't handle it. The growth of memory sizes has led to this. I have a back hard drive on my computer that's 2 TETRA bytes! Heck, my computer's hard drive is only 300GB, and the backup hard drive is about the size of a smart phone. Heck, my Tom Tom couldn't handle the new map upgrade. Yep, the unit has free upgrade maps, but now the maps are too big!
Yep, I'm on Model T Internet--not by my choice, except by my choice of living location. This canyon has no cable no cell, no wireless--nada! Even the phone line goes bad when it rains!
I LOVE this forum, I can actually read the threads, yes it takes time. Facebook? If you look I have a page, but I can only access it when I'm in town using someone else's wi-fi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:38 am:

And who's Charley calling a jerk? The original poster, or Steve, since this ambiguous post directly followed Steve's! Just sayin'.

Plus, I too have no problem posting pics..duplicate 'em on the computer, re-size, and done. Sure it takes a coupla extra minutes to do, but I've gotten used to it. Actually the worst pain for me is shutting down the phone, removing the card, sticking it in the adapter and then in the computer. Yeh, I'm real lazy! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 09:00 am:

Don't change it. For those that often find it easy with other applications have no idea the size of the picture they just uploaded. If it were as easy as drag and click very soon there would be problems with the website getting too big. This is why most other forums require a link to some place the photo is posted elsewhere like on photobucket. When this happens the photos are then at mercy of countless other websites like photobucket.

All in all it's a good way to keep people aware of the size of photos they are uploading rather than going with the current trend of "just buy more space when you fill it up"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:19 am:

I found the easiest way to post photos. I pay my 10 year old granddaughter $1.00 each and presto in a couple of mins there they are. Easy Squeezy.

Try it guys they love to help out grandpa.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 01:37 am:

picresize.com is one I've found to be easy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:32 am:

I used to have a friend who combed the deserts in and around the Las Vegas area back in the '50s, and '60s. He came up with great stuff. He'd bring some of it down to the Long Beach Model T swap meet, and make a lot of money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Since I take pics with my iPhone I just send them to my email address. Before the iPhone performs the send function it recommends resizing the photos. I choose medium and off it goes. I then save the pic attached to the email (already resized) in my iPAD, and attach it here. I've just done that with the following picture and it took less than 3 minutes including my one finger typing.

And I agree with the sentiment in Steve Jelf's last post.

TT engine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:32 am:

Gary, you have described exactly how I transfer pictures from my iPhone to my computer and then to the forum. I'm not exactly a young kid but I managed to figure it out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 10:53 am:

I don't find it difficult nor time consuming from either device. I was hoping Charley would come around because I know he has some interesting stuff that I along with others would love to see. I too hope he returns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 11:06 am:

I suppose Charley took offense at being told his having difficulty doing something was due to his attitude. It is only natural that things some folks find very easy to do are difficult for others. I can't sing, pole vault or lift an engine block off the floor and I assure you attitude has nothing to do with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 02:54 pm:

Dick,

Great minds............................

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

Would be nice if some extra tech savvy individual could add a plugin to the forum software to automatically resize posted pictures. It's not a far fetched concept however it would probably increase the number of pics posted and thus increase the website hosting costs.

Perhaps there's method to the madness of leaving it as-is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Like Dick was saying. I use my iPhone and send it to email (weird,takes hours to get, don't know why) or FaceBook (uo in five mins) Then click/drag to desktop ,When sending from phone ,medium size works good all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

I think I'm the jerk. I wasn't trying to be insulting, but I guess Charley took it that way. I agree that some things are easy for some and hard for others. In fact some things are impossible due to physical or mental limitations. But I don't think those impossibilities apply to posting pictures here. Obviously all of us are physically able to use a computer, and I doubt that the folks who have trouble posting pictures are any dumber than I am. I'll bet if I had Charley or Larry or any of the others here I could teach them how to do it. On a Mac, at least. I don't know if I'm smart enough to make it easy in Windows. :-)

I'm only kidding a little when I tell people to have some kid teach them how. Youngsters who have dealt with computers all their lives generally know the ropes, or whatever the electronic name for ropes is. And I do mean teach, not just show. I can watch somebody do stuff on a computer and at the end have no idea what they did. I want them to tell me slowly, step by step, what to do. I want them to watch me, and tell me what I did wrong if I go astray. I want step by step instructions to read when I'm doing it without an instructor, just as I did when I learned to set Model T timing. At first I followed the written instructions, and after doing it a few times I didn't need them. I don't see how posting pictures is any harder than setting timing or doing a lot of other Model T procedures we all manage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, July 06, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Amen on the step by step written instructions. The few pictures I have posted were done with the assistance of my secretary. She has "shown" me what to do time and again but computer stuff doesn't seem to stick well for me. I really need to work at it because I have on numerous occasions had something to post which I think would have been of interest to you guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Van Evera in the U.P. of MI. on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Steve a "jerk?" I hardly think so. One of the more calmest, common sense mentors out there. And Charley, seems like a real decent guy, too. There are just a lot of misunderstandings sometimes that would not occur in a face to face conversation. I'm sure that a lot of "offensive" posting was never intended as such, but was instead, intended as humor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 12:11 pm:

I have tons of pictures I'd like to post.
The only way I could ever do it was to email them to George n lake Ozark, Missouri. He always got it done for me but I can't keep doing that so that's why you don't see posts from me with pictures.
I think I have the right attitude, I just don't know how to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I think its more of a problem that has been plaguing the forum for a very long time. I have a tendency to get up set when I try and send a photo and I cant. I then just throw my hands in the air and go get another cup of coffee. I tried to send a photo of the real person that killed Kennedy but it was to big so I just burned it. Until the powers to be upgrades to a more modern user friendly system this is the way its going to be, But I don't see that happing any time soon either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Saturday, July 08, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

Once one learns the routine, you will wonder what was so hard about it. I find it very easy to quickly post photos on this forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Only problem is with the size of the picture. I find that if I go to resolution 72 they post. A larger picture won't work.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Horlick in Penn Valley, CA on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Norman that is right, most computer screens show only up to 72dpi so anything over is just a waste of bandwidth and of file size. For years I have used a freeware program "Irfanview" to edit, resize, and compress my photos to whatever my requirements are (I have no financial or other connection with Irfanview). It's free and easy and I leave a preset for the file size I want for the forum.

Since switching to an iphone from my Android I find the only advantage is in sending photos from the phone to the computer you can get the edit and compression by letting the phone do it (select medium).

What not everyone knows is you can upload more than one photo to a post if you so desire.

There are many graphic programs which are easy to use for massaging your photos I recommend Irfan because it is easy, very versitile, and free. It lets you take screen shots such as the one below. In this shot I show how I set it up to compress the photo and to reduce the file size to 180KB all with one click. I resize to the size I want on the post with the same program. If you let your computer do cookies you can get it all down to just one click, a few more if you want to retain control of the output.

IMHO,TH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, July 09, 2017 - 01:53 pm:

When you buy a Mac or PC, it is already loaded with photo management software that will allow you to re-size photos so you don't need to go to the internet for re-sizing. In fact, your Mac or PC will most likely have more than one application/software program that aren't even necessarily specifically dedicated to photo management that will also allow you re-size photos.

If you store photo files (jpg or jpeg) on your Mac or PC, whatever default photo managing application that automatically opens when you click on a jpeg file will more than likely have a re-size function on the toolbar or within a drop-down in the toolbar.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration