Brought home another toy today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brought home another toy today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

1926 T coupe, She needs some TLC but I think its going to make a real nice car when I get done with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Where's the coupe? :-)
nice looking roadster by the way, I myself would not change a thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Im confused? It doesnt take much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Danger Will Robinson ....

The Alien T will drain your resources ....

Dr. Smith would not approve .

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Looks like a great car. Have fun with it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 03:32 pm:

Is that a doctor's roadster?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 03:39 pm:

I like it and the color is perfect.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Neat old car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

It was a bit funny how I got this car. I was asked to come work on a T for a gentleman who wanted to get it ready to sell. I ordered the parts and fixed the Bendix. When the engine started it made a terrible noise. It sounded like it was coming from the front bearing and the transmission. I told the gentleman it did not sound well at all. Well, He wanted to car out of his garage so a new toy could take its place and he made me an offer I just could not refuse. I think Iv got a ton of work to make the car right but I think it will be well worth it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, July 02, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Will so when are you going to show us a photo of your new toy? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 12:50 am:

What a sweety!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Maybe this will help. :-)

Body Types

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 09:55 am:

I stand corrected, I have a 1926 Roadster Runabout! You think that after owning Model T's for 20 years I would be able tell them apart. I guess Im starting to show signs of getting older. Either way I just bet Im going to still have a lot of fun in the new car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:57 am:

You have an early model, note the lack of a tie bar for the headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Will,....you're not alone,.....my age also seems to be "showing signs of " .... BEING OLDER .....as Freighter Jim posted some sort of "nuance" or "inuendo" (sp?) early in this thread, and I just don't get it! He has referred to "Will Robinson" before! Who the heck is Will Robinson???

By the way Will,...that sure looks like you picked up a really nice "26 that is a pretty nice car already!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:22 pm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:36 pm:

Harold, Not certain if your tongue is in your cheek or not. "Danger, Will Robinson" is what the Robot would say whenever young Will was about to do something, uh, dumb, or something was about to happen in the TV show "Lost in Space."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:38 pm:

Oh, and as he would say that, his arms would flail about, being a danger in itself.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:56 pm:

Yes .....

Robot was with Will Copeland in his Model T when the good doctor approached at the entrance to a car show ...

After the car show Robot & Will had lunch at Grandpa's Steak House ( if Robot remembers right ) .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

It took my wife to tell me what Jim meant, It kinda went over me to! All in good fun. After running the engine and hearing a knock in the rods I pulled the dip pan down. The valleys were full of band material. There was some solid stuff in there but nothing to get real worried about, but if the valleys are full Im now worried about the inside oil tube if maybe its plugged up also. She does has some loose rods but I have to wait for my order of green plastic gauge to come in before I can see how bad it is. I did see some shims in there so it hopefully will be just a matter of taking out some shims. If not I will have to save my nickles and dimes and get her rebabbitted. Number one piston is pumping a small amount of oil on the plug but I haven't ran the car long enough to know how bad it is. The right axle nut was real loose so I'm guessing the axle taper is worn. I will try and take that up with a soda can. It appers to have fairly new cotton bands. Right now Im getting to know the car. If it turns out that the engine is tired I might try and find an engine to put in her until I can get the original redone. The one neat thing about this car is this is a numbers matching car. She is a Canadian car with a left hand door. I can see why Henry choose not to put in a left door, That stick is a pain to get around. Iv found its just better to throw the stick forward to get in the car, Of course there may be a day I may screw up doing that.. I will keep you guys updated on her progress.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:31 pm:

Will, I just use the right side to get in and out. I dont have to open the door for the wife that way! Nice find. Hope the engine is in good shape and you drive the wheels off.
Drive safe and often.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By arnie johansen on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

will:

I think the United States built 1926 runabouts also had a drivers door! Does it have special head screws in the interior that would indicate it is a vehicle built in Canada?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Arnie, Im not sure, Do you have a photo of what I should look for? I will admit I was a bit confused because it does say made in the usa on the head but I thought that maybe at some point in its life someone put another head on it. I have always thought all T's that had a left door it was Canadian. The engine numbers are 13270469 if that helps. Question, Didn't the 26 have a vaporizer carburetor? This has a NH system same as my 19.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 06:19 pm:

Will, the US '26 runabouts had two doors. Unless you find a lot of Robertson head fasteners, it's not likely a Canadian car.
Check your drums for cracks, with all that band lint floating around in there, I would be concerned; and YES, check the oil tube!
How long has it been sitting? If it's been a while, the rings could be seized in the pistons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 06:59 pm:

forget the plasigauge, use a couple of thickness of aluminum foil or even news paper. It's quicker easier and cost less. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Wil, our soda cans are aluminium. It's too soft for axle shims. You need tin can for that job.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Ahhh,....thanks guys! Science Fiction! No wonder I just,...."didn't get it"! I never was one for science fiction I guess. Nothing wrong with science fiction,....just "not my thing" I guess.

Thanks for the "explanation" guys,.....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Well,it was definitely "Fiction" but there wasn't much "Science" to it! Just a campy '60s "Western" set in space.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Looks great Will, best of luck with it. :-) Will, while you have the lower cover off, you can clean the oil line with some compressed air, saving you the trouble of having to remove the front cover and doing it that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Great idea, John! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration