Sunday ride in Vermont...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Sunday ride in Vermont...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 01:23 am:

Took the car out for a Sunday ride with the family. Taught my wife how to drive it for the first time. My son took some video for us with his camera and his drone. Not bad footage for a 10 year old....He's getting better!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6C3uQ7byMQ

Enjoy the video.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Pergande, Essexville MI on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 01:47 am:

That is a nice pleasant peaceful video...enjoyed it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By The Head Light Lens Guy in California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 03:46 am:

Very cool! Makes me want to move:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 07:48 am:

Nice video. Your adventurous wife is to be commended.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:06 am:

I'm going to show my wife this video!!!
Love the area where you live.

Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Lucky you! That'll never happen here. :-(

But at least we too had a nice impromptu drive I put together with club members yesterday, followed by a winery stop of course, and topped off at a fellow club members place who just happens to have their very own soft serve ice cream machine! Now THAT'S living! Then we went for yet another drive north to the bay to watch the boats and sunset. Great day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Good stuff....thanks for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Blake, Kansas City on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Well done. What a fine family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Wonderful video, Michael.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 11:11 am:

Wish we had roads like that in LA! BTW, that T looks like it may be a late '24 or a '25, but an earlier steering wheel. Was there an aftermarket wood wheel for these cars? Great footage, and how did the kid get the camera so high for some of those views?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:57 am:

Thanks guys for all the great comments. Vermont is a really nice place to live and raise a family. The seasons and the mountains are really beautiful. Makes for some great back roads to travel on with a T.

The really high shots were done with my sons drone which has an HD camera and flies up a few hundred feet. It is amazing how great it works.

Happy 4th of July to those in the US.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 03:31 am:

Nice.
Nice car.
Nice drive.
You all look quite comfortable with the T.
Looks like a very nice family.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:43 am:

Aspiring videographers take note. That's the way to do it. A nice mix of shots, long, medium, and close, from various angles. That's much more interesting than a long single shot of a motometer going down the road.

Technical note: a foam shield over the microphone might cut down the wind noise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Michael, you are right about VT living. If I could make a living out there, the wife and I would already be there. The Shelburne area interests her the most, me I like the old timey town of Vergennes, but main street is way to hilly for a T. But there are tons of great mostly unspoiled areas and towns around the state. as we have explored over the years.

Great video, and awesome your wife is willing to learn how to drive it. I'd say start teaching your son now, but then you might come home someday and find the T gone for a joy ride, LOL.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Good video. Great ride. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Finally got a chance to see the video. Very nice. Lucky man. Great footage, love the drone. I'd like to get one someday. Need to get some lessons from your 10 y.o.! :-) Cecil B. DeMills (sp) got nothin' on you kid!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

Excellent!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Knowles - Moncton, New Brunswick on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 05:16 pm:

Great video! Very similar drive our family did last week while on vacation. Lots of memories and fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Mills_Cherry Hill NJ on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

That was great and then totally delightful.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration