Wedding day Ford-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wedding day Ford-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, July 03, 2017 - 11:15 pm:

"Perfectly matched for life" on the door. I hope they they had a wonderful and long one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Look at the vandalism done to that car! :-)
Nice pic Herb! Old photo's have been slow coming in lately. I love 'em.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:31 am:

Yes Ed. I too find it frustrating not being able to know what happened in their lives
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:58 am:

Deciphered from blowing up pic-

"Soft and sweet?" "Very" "Has she got form?, Yes! She has a loving way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:02 am:

Great pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:03 am:

Alan, I'm like you. Every one of these neat old pics that get posted my mind wonders about everything that went on back then. One thing for sure, their life together got started not long before the toughest times this country had seen since the Civil War. Looks like a '23, so they probably had at least one, if not two kids, before the onset of the Great Depression not to mention the "Dirty Thirties". That would've been very tough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Ed, those are lines from a popular song, "That Certain Party". Not certain, date on a Victor record I have is 1925, song could have been out much earlier.

I'm wondering about the lumber on the running board - ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Lake Oswego, OR on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Looks like a couple of wood frame collapsible cots on the running board. Maybe a road trip with camping for a low cost honeymoon?

I always look at the people in these period images and wonder the same things too. What was the arc of their lives? When did they pass? Still alive? No doubt some family members around today would recognize them. Always more to the story than what we can see. I love examining these images.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:45 am:

Looks like that coupe has a 9 leaf rear spring!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Hasslers on a roadster or coupe will make the rear end stick up like a cat in heat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration