Location of frame number on 26 TT truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Location of frame number on 26 TT truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Forrest W O'Keane on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Does anyone know if there is a frame number on
a 1926 TT truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Yes, if it was built after December 5th or 12th, 1925. I don't remember whether it was started on the 5th or 12th, but it's one or the other.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:27 pm:

And then it'll be on the top flange in the hand brake cross shaft region. Most often on the RH side, but occasionally on the LH side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 03:47 pm:

An ongoing educational process!
I had been told that my Dad's (by him) '26 TT had a '25 engine, yet the number of 14,915,7XX indicates the engine as being made in April of '27. Floor pedals are the wider/later versions. (Suspicions now arise there was an engine change along the way, because of this TT being equipped with the rectangular dash pod. My understanding is by having that dash pod would indicate it to be an 'early' 1926 build date.) I had never questioned the engine number. The old title he gave me reflected the current correct engine number, and I can't seem to find any numbers stamped onto the frame or the cross shaft. What's this all saying? Any suggestions to piece together history are appreciated. Previous history before Dad's purchase in 1942 is also an unknown. Just wish I had asked a lot more questions when I could have.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marv Konrad (Green Bay Area) on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 04:32 pm:

Tried looking up "Model T Ford, the Car That Changed the World" on Google to try for additional research. My Webroot identified the 'pdf' as a malicious site. Alternative suggestions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Well Marv, I think your suspicion may be correct. Logically, your 14,915,7XX dates to April 26, 1927, therefore the vehicle it was originally installed in would presumably have been stamped with that number unless it was produced at a location that didn't stamp the frame. Other possibilities include the engine is not original to the truck, that it's a "blank" replacement engine someone stamped that number on, and that it's not even a 1926 TT. Actually, given the engine number either it's a 1927 truck or it's a replacement engine, it can't be both.

It's fun and interesting to attempt determining the year of some of these old trucks, but in reality you may never unravel the truth. Too many variables after 90+ years.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration