Location of year numbers on radiator

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Location of year numbers on radiator
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 06:52 pm:

Looking to see where others put the year number badge on the radiator. Lower right? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

Maybe some pics ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

I've seen them left and right. I only have one on my '12,it's on the lower left corner. The poor '13 has been left out for now! Put it where it works for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 09:02 pm:

I think you are referring to those year number cutouts sold by the model T parts dealers?
I think the lower right hand corner is the preferred spot, but there really are no set rules about them.
I actually tend to like those things. Especially on cars that I cannot identify the year myself. Model Ts I often see with a wrong year on them and wonder what the reason is. Model Ts are often difficult to tell for certain. An early '25 may be basically identical to a '24, and not like a "true" '25 (for example). The same can be said for many model/style year changes. So, seeing a year given helps not only the general public to understand something about your car. It also gives people like me something to consider (and contrary to an understandable popular opinion, I am not usually looking for fault). I do like to know what people think of their cars. Often, I will see a car, form a quick opinion (always subject to change), then see the year displayed. Upon looking closer, I will see some details that tell me that car is near the transition, and the year displayed is truly correct. And I learn a little more.

An also by the way. A couple of the few cars that I ever put any sort of radiator badge on? I put the badge over a damaged area on the radiator. Sometimes they look better that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Skip the year nameplate and put something period correct on the front and/or rear of the car.

Since you are in New York:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H 0.X1917+new+york+license+plate.TRS0&_nkw=1917+new+york+license+plate&_sacat=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 11:09 pm:

I like the lower left hand corner. With the center of the number lined up with the support bar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Duffy on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, July 04, 2017 - 11:52 pm:

The year of my car is on it's license plates. Seth's looks good where he has it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, July 05, 2017 - 12:27 am:

If I could get 1914 Alabama plates that would be AWESOME!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration